London Big Bus tour

june1

Is there a difference in price whether buying the Big Bus tour in person or on the internet? Any special deals or coupons?

Thanks,

June1

June1

We asked that same question last year before we traveled. I had some time, so I did some internet searching and did find a site that offered the price of a one day ticket a bit cheaper than most other sites and buying it in person.

That said, I tried to find this site by doing a search, but it jsut wouldn't come up. It is out there, so try your luck

Cheers

Len

Is there a difference in price whether buying the Big Bus tour in person or on the internet? Any special deals or coupons?

Thanks,

June1

Lastminute.com sell Big Bus at a 10% discount

The Original London Tour HoHo bus (almost identical to Big Bus) is covered under the 2 for 1 promotion when you get a Travelcard from a mainline rail station or rail tickket. Though its not 2 for 1 but a straight discount.

In the slack months both operators normally have a promotion where the 1 day ticket is valid for 2 days. Dates seem to vary each year.

• 2 weeks later...
Lastminute.com sell Big Bus at a 10% discount

The Original London Tour HoHo bus (almost identical to Big Bus) is covered under the 2 for 1 promotion when you get a Travelcard from a mainline rail station or rail tickket. Though its not 2 for 1 but a straight discount.

In the slack months both operators normally have a promotion where the 1 day ticket is valid for 2 days. Dates seem to vary each year.

I assume that is for purchase in person rather than on the web? Wonder if mid Oct. is off season?

We have been to London before and only have two days this time. On our arrival day I booked the Buckingham Palace tour. If we're still awake, we'll probably do an early pub walk and then be done. We're staying somewhere near Marble Arch. On the next day, Thursday, I'd like to include some of the following:'

British Museum (been before, but would enjoy a quick peek, perhpas)

War Rooms (but we have been before)

Victoria & Albert

Harrods or Fortnum & Mason...for lunch or tea

St Pauls

Or something else???

We have tickets for Les Mis that evening, at the Queen's theater, I believe. I know this is very ambitious, mostly what I need is a route to see the most of these, plus whatever else...where to start from Marble Arch, so we end up close to the theater.......

Been to Tower, Westminster, etc. thanks!!

We have been to London before and only have two days this time. On our arrival day I booked the Buckingham Palace tour. If we're still awake, we'll probably do an early pub walk and then be done. We're staying somewhere near Marble Arch. On the next day, Thursday, I'd like to include some of the following:'

British Museum (been before, but would enjoy a quick peek, perhpas)

War Rooms (but we have been before)

Victoria & Albert

Harrods or Fortnum & Mason...for lunch or tea

St Pauls

Or something else???

We have tickets for Les Mis that evening, at the Queen's theater, I believe. I know this is very ambitious, mostly what I need is a route to see the most of these, plus whatever else...where to start from Marble Arch, so we end up close to the theater.......

Been to Tower, Westminster, etc. thanks!!

If you're staying near Marble Arch, make sure you go to the Wallace Collection behind Selfridges http://www.wallacecollection.org/ Great collection & a lovely restaurant.

The teas at Harrods & Fortnums are nice, but extortionate - have a look at the Wyndham Grand - they currently have an offer (have been there 3 times this summer with guests) for 15pp http://www.wyndhamgrandlondon.co.uk/docs/AfternoonTeaMenu.pdf

Very easy location to get to on the overground or by bus from the King's Road, fab view of Chelsea Harbour - good teas, happy to refill & lovely toilets!

See whether it's possible for you to spend sometime walking from the Southbank towards the Tower from late afternoon onwards. Great views and also you could go to a play at the Globe, pop into the Tate on your way to St Paul's.

Make sure you don't forget to visit the Tate on Millbank if you're near Parliament sq:)

Archived