Need help deciding!

tntornadox

Hello everyone! My cousin and I are researching cruises for Spring Break next year departing on March 5th/6th, 2011... and two itineraries have sparked our interest.

Itinerary A: Carnival Liberty out of Miami

Eastern Caribbean

- Half Moon Cay

- St. Thomas

- San Juan

- Grand Turk

Itinerary B: Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral

Western Caribbean

- Cozumel

- Roatan

- Belize

- Costa Maya

Both are 7 days with similar pricing, I was looking for any opinions or input from the community! I have never cruised before (so, this will be the trip of a lifetime for me regardless) and he cruised on the Carnival Sensation several years ago... Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone! My cousin and I are researching cruises for Spring Break next year departing on March 5th/6th, 2011... and two itineraries have sparked our interest.

Eastern Caribbean

- Half Moon Cay

- St. Thomas

- San Juan

- Grand Turk

Western Caribbean

- Cozumel

- Roatan

- Belize

- Costa Maya

Both are 7 days with similar pricing, I was looking for any opinions or input from the community! I have never cruised before (so, this will be the trip of a lifetime for me regardless) and he cruised on the Carnival Sensation several years ago... Thanks in advance!

If you like the beach go with A

If you are adventurous (cave tubing and ziplining) go with B

Eastern Caribbean

- Half Moon Cay

- St. Thomas

- San Juan

- Grand Turk

Western Caribbean

- Cozumel

- Roatan

- Belize

- Costa Maya

Hmmm...both are good...is there a big price difference? I personally love Cozumel and St.Thomas. I didn't find much to do at Belize or Costa Maya on my own (without a planned excursion). I thought Roatan was beautiful, though I have heard it has become a bit more commercialized in the last few years (but how cool is it to say you've been to Honduras!:) )

I think either would be good, so my opinion is to look at the two ships and see which features you like better, and also compare prices. Good luck deciding!

Hmmm...both are good...is there a big price difference? I personally love Cozumel and St.Thomas. I didn't find much to do at Belize or Costa Maya on my own (without a planned excursion). I thought Roatan was beautiful, though I have heard it has become a bit more commercialized in the last few years (but how cool is it to say you've been to Honduras!:) )

I think either would be good, so my opinion is to look at the two ships and see which features you like better, and also compare prices. Good luck deciding!

Thanks for the replies everyone! No, the price difference is very minimal, like $50 and the Dream is actually cheaper, believe it or not... it's a tough decision!

Your going to have a great time whichever you choose. I think the beaches in the Eastern caribbean are prettier than those on western route. If you plan on hitting the beach a lot, I would choose your first option.

When I have trouble deciding on an itinerary I look at the shore excursions offered at each port. That usually helps me decide.

I agree with what another poster said - if you want beach time and do stuff on your own, pick A. If you want scheduled excursions (Roatan & Belize) then I would pick B. I sailed B in January and had a great time. It was nice to get out there and do something other than shopping and getting sun. I love the Dream and will be sailing her Eastern itinerary this January.

Good luck & have a great cruise.

I have cruised the "A" ship as our first cruise and we absolutely LOVED it. We did the western Caribbean though so I can't address the ports.

We're cruising the "B" ship in 52 days (who's counting? LOL) and doing your itinerary. Can't wait for it.

Honestly, I enjoy going to Miami... I find the port is easy to maneuver, hotels are literally in viewing distance of the ports... it is, so far, my favorite place to embark from.

Port Canaveral seems to be a logistical challenge to me... there is no where to stay NEAR the port (might not matter to you)... it's not as easy to get there (and I am sure others will say differently, which I would welcome that, as well--I could learn something I don't know!).

Maybe that would be a consideration for you, too... Where you are coming in and out from....????

Let us know what you choose. You're going to have a blast either way.

Maybe that would be a consideration for you, too... Where you are coming in and out from....????

Let us know what you choose. You're going to have a blast either way.

I am coming from Knoxville, TN (TYS). American Airlines offers daily nonstop service to Miami from here, or I could take Delta to Melbourne (near Cape Canaveral) with a layover in Atlanta, both are close to being the same price.

I will be sure to let you know! Should make my decision soon!

Great advice about the ports has already been given. Both are great itineraries. Now, about the ships. If this trip will possibly be the only cruise you ever take, definitely go with Dream! There is just nothing like the Dream! It is an amazing ship with so much going on! I absolutely loved that ship! You can read my review in the link in my signature. However, if you think you might cruise more after this one, I'd say to go with the Liberty and work your way up to the Dream. Even though the Dream holds more people, the crowds will feel about the same. In fact, I have found the longest lines and biggest bottlenecks on the smallest ships.

I liked Port Canaveral. We stayed at the Radisson, which was very reasonably priced for such a fancy hotel, and they offer a free shuttle to and from the port. Embarkation and debarkation runs more smooth there than any other port I've sailed from. Miami is much more of a congested mess, but if you're not driving, that shouldn't be an issue.

Archived