Does the Altun Ha

Cruisin 4 Ever

and Belize city tour stop anywhere for lunch? It says it's a 5 hour tour I htink - it's the bus one, not the river one, and we would be going through Carnival.

We took the Altun Ha & Belize city tour through Island Marketing last year. The tour was FANTASTIC. Our guide, Manuel, took us on a tour through the city then on to Altun Ha. At the ruins he talked to us about the history of the ruins and the people, giving us alot of information. We also got to climb all the way up the ruins. In Mexico you cannot climb all the way up, but you can in Belize. After the tour we went on a local restaurant for Belizian Chicken, Rice, and Peas. The food was awesome. My sons wondered around the grounds checking out the monkeys and butterflys.

When we were at the ruins we we saw a bus pull up with cruise passengers from the Valor. Our group was a small group (12 people) not a bus load. We had a great experience with a small group as our guide was able to interact with us on an individual basis.

Our private excusion was $42 per person...compared to $70 on the ship. Our tour was 4 1/2 hours...It was one of our favorites. My two teenage sons loved this tour. The ruins are absolutely beautiful and our guide was super. Highly recommend Island Marketings tour. It is the same tour as the cruise ship...the only difference is the ship tour did not include lunch and was almost double the price.:D

Archived