Price drop on 1 day sale. What if you are booked?

micruiser12

We have already booked our cruise for Sept 2011, but I was alerted to the 1 day sale. When I looked at it it said it was for new bookings only. The price had dropped about $250 each so it would have been a nice savings! How do you get a price drop if you are already booked? Do they drop the price eventually in some cases without the new booking clause?

We have already booked our cruise for Sept 2011, but I was alerted to the 1 day sale. When I looked at it it said it was for new bookings only. The price had dropped about $250 each so it would have been a nice savings! How do you get a price drop if you are already booked? Do they drop the price eventually in some cases without the new booking clause?

Hi Micruiser !

Are you sure its September of "2011" ? If its an Exciting Deal, which are 1 day sales, Celebrity will not match those prices for exisiting bookings. Yesterday's Exciting deals were for the first week in September of 2010.

If your sailing is actually in of September 2011, you can try calling Celebrity (or have your TA call) but if it says "new bookings only", you have little chance of success. I wish you the best of luck, and Enjoy your Cruise !

It is what it says, for new bookings only.

Until you have paid your final payment you can watch pricing and get reductions....just not on new bookings sales. Just "fake book" your cruise on Celebrity's site and check for price drops or residency discounts. They are bound to pop up. Also look at other categories as some of the higher ones can actually drop lower than what you booked yours for.

My wife noticed a price drop for Aqua Class of $100.00 pp for 01/17/11 Equinox sailing and contacted our TA via email last night. Our TA was already aware of the reduction and issued us a new invoice showing the reduction this morning. "eandj" is right. Just fake a booking for the cruise you are already booked on and it will give you a current price.

I contacted our TA and she said the price went down by $220 pp. She also said we could upgrade to CC Class, but we would rather take the credit. So it was not just for new bookings as I thought. One thing though that I am having her question is that we booked in April before the new policy changed in May so I am wondering if we can get the price reduced or will just get the OBC? She thought just the OBC. I am very happy to have it reduced either way, but prefer the price reduction.

Since your cruise is far out, I'd think you could get the credit posted on your final payment due. We get them often. There's no reason why you shouldn't. ( Your TA's commision goes down tho. Might be why she's thinking the X obc.)

And more great news for you...Since you booked before May 17, you will most likely see more cuts bu cruise time! After final payment, you will still be able to watch for lower rates! :D After final payment, those will be obc's for sure however. Those are the ones you want to use for wine, specialty dinners, excursions, photos etc.

Beware of new booking prices; they stick to that rule. But do check the Celebrity site from time to time for price changes. We booked Equinox for April 2011 while on board our last cruise and the price has dropped quite a bit since then and our TA adjusted our balance due to reflect the savings.

Archived