Solstice - cc class or $160 each?

micruiser12

Our price did go down on our 12 day med cruise for 2011. We have been given the choice of $160. off each or upgrade to CC Class (cabin 2109 or 2110). What would you do? Anyone know about those cabins? We have never sailed in CC class before, but wonder if the difference is worth it since the cabin size is the same. Your opinion please!

Our price did go down on our 12 day med cruise for 2011. We have been given the choice of $160. off each or upgrade to CC Class (cabin 2109 or 2110). What would you do? Anyone know about those cabins? We have never sailed in CC class before, but wonder if the difference is worth it since the cabin size is the same. Your opinion please!

We did CC last month and loved it. The fresh fruit and flowers every day was nice, footstools and a better table on the balcony were great, comes with an extra loyalty credit if you care about that, had a welcome-aboard bottle of sparkling wine. Is that worth $10.33 per person per day to you?

Check the attachment in this post for comments about some cabins near the one's you've asked about.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24985794&postcount=884

On the S class ( your Solstice) ships, CC does not give you a larger cabin and not necessarily a larger balcony. Whereas on M class ships you will get a different room and balcony. Might be worth it on a Carib cruise when you like a larger space to sit outdoors.

The Med cruise will have you very busy and a foot stool on the balcony won't be missed. Trust me. Now for the other amenitites. In our eyes, they are minimal in the big picture of our cruise. Definitely not a big deal.

Hmmm...going on a fantastic Med cruise... where you will be able to use that $320 towards very nice private tours. Skip the big bus ship excursions and head to your roll call board and book the private van tours with others on your ship. Fantastic way to see the Med. ports.

Seeing a bowl of flowers or fruit waiting for me.... OR tour with a small group in Naples or Rome....NO Question which I'd choose.

Or that amount would pay for a very nice precruise hotel night in Barcelona or wherever you begin your cruise. :)

But that's how we look at things. Indeed we could afford tours, hotels and flowers. ;)But... Where do we want our money to go? What would we most enjoy with the money saved on inexpensive bubbly wine, thicker robes etc.

Have a great cruise, no matter which you room choose. Everyone looks at their spending differently. ;)

2109 and 2110 are the larger angled balconies, along with the Concierge benefits, I'd go for it.

Yes, I agree, Especially if your current stateroom has a normal sized balcony. I believe that 2110's balcony is larger than 2109, but not 100% sure - both of them are larger than standard balconies so either one would be nice.

On the S class ( your Solstice) ships, CC does not give you a larger cabin and not necessarily a larger balcony. Whereas on M class ships you will get a different room and balcony. Might be worth it on a Carib cruise when you like a larger space to sit outdoors.

The Med cruise will have you very busy and a foot stool on the balcony won't be missed. Trust me. Now for the other amenitites. In our eyes, they are minimal in the big picture of our cruise. Definitely not a big deal.

Hmmm...going on a fantastic Med cruise... where you will be able to use that $320 towards very nice private tours. Skip the big bus ship excursions and head to your roll call board and book the private van tours with others on your ship. Fantastic way to see the Med. ports.

Seeing a bowl of flowers or fruit waiting for me.... OR tour with a small group in Naples or Rome....NO Question which I'd choose.

Or that amount would pay for a very nice precruise hotel night in Barcelona or wherever you begin your cruise. :)

But that's how we look at things. Indeed we could afford tours, hotels and flowers. ;)But... Where do we want our money to go? What would we most enjoy with the money saved on inexpensive bubbly wine, thicker robes etc.

Have a great cruise, no matter which you room choose. Everyone looks at their spending differently. ;)

We found out the credit is bigger than $160. More like $220 each so we decided to stick where we are and take the credit. Flowers and fruit, etc sound nice, but not sure I like the location on the pool level and the balcony facing the back. I agree I would rather spend it on excursions or an extra night in Barcelona. Thanks to everyone for their input though!

Have a wonderful cruise. Make sure you use the ports of call board when needing help re transportation, points of interset tour recs etc. We did a Med cruise last Sept and it was super fun. Rick Steves has some great tour books with maps for a lot of the cities in Italy too. If you begin in Barcelona, for sure add a couple days there. That's one place a week wouldn't be enough to really enjoy everything. ;)

Archived