Balcony Differences

jackpine

I have a "BB" Cat balcony on deck 10 (forward, port side; Room 10514) booked on the Pearl and was wondering what the difference between this and a "BA" Cat balcony on deck 10 would be (besides BA being mid-ship and BB being forward)? I don't see a room size difference. Are mid-ship balconies better? What would be the reason? Is it just a preference? I figure there must be something better about a "BA" since the price is more than a "BB". I've never booked a balcony before and this was a question that came up. I'm trying to decide if the price of upgrading to a "BA" balcony is worth it. Thanks for any help with this.

I have a "BB" Cat balcony on deck 10 (forward, port side; Room 10514) booked on the Pearl and was wondering what the difference between this and a "BA" Cat balcony on deck 10 would be (besides BA being mid-ship and BB being forward)? I don't see a room size difference. Are mid-ship balconies better? What would be the reason? Is it just a preference? I figure there must be something better about a "BA" since the price is more than a "BB". I've never booked a balcony before and this was a question that came up. I'm trying to decide if the price of upgrading to a "BA" balcony is worth it. Thanks for any help with this.

Simply put... location... Midship cabins tend to have less motion than forward or aft section cabins ( not to be confused with the ultra desirable aft-FACING cabins). This makes them more desirable and therefore they are in a higher category.

If you're prone to motion sickness, and only if the ship does encounter heavier seas, a forward area pitches up and down more. We try to stay with the midship or slightly aft balcony cabins. Otherwise, and as someone else said, as far as I know all balcony rooms and balconies are the same.

hi, Im not trying to hijack this post, but i'm curious, what is the benefir of the aft facing balcnies? Just that it faces where you have been,instead of the sides?

Thank you!

:confused:

Typically the balcony is much larger, and there is little to no wind while the ship is in motion...

If you're prone to motion sickness, and only if the ship does encounter heavier seas, a forward area pitches up and down more. We try to stay with the midship or slightly aft balcony cabins. Otherwise, and as someone else said, as far as I know all balcony rooms and balconies are the same.

We've always stayed mid ship as DH is prone to motion sickness, but for an upcoming trip we took a gaurantee instead and it looks like we may end up almost all the way aft:o. Can anyone tell me how dramatic the difference is? This is for a Panama Canal transit so a good portion of the trip is in the Pacific, which I'm worried will be rougher than the Caribbean.

Thanks!

Archived