In Cabin phone

UandMe4Ever

:confused:Hi Cruisers: I know I've posted about landline phones in Bermuda and got some great answers. However, we are thinking of using the phone in the cabin for a ship-shore call from Bermuda to New Jersey.

I think the start rate is $7.95 + ? per minute thereafter. If anyone knows how much per minute costs are, we would appreciate that information.

If it is the same ?per minute cost to buy a card, at least we'd know about how much $$ to get the card once on shore.

We are leaving 8/29/10 on the Dawn to Bermuda!

Thank you very much in advance for all your help!!:)

Safe sails always.

:confused:Hi Cruisers: I know I've posted about landline phones in Bermuda and got some great answers. However, we are thinking of using the phone in the cabin for a ship-shore call from Bermuda to New Jersey.

I think the start rate is $7.95 + ? per minute thereafter. If anyone knows how much per minute costs are, we would appreciate that information.

If it is the same ?per minute cost to buy a card, at least we'd know about how much $$ to get the card once on shore.

We are leaving 8/29/10 on the Dawn to Bermuda!

Thank you very much in advance for all your help!!:)

Safe sails always.

Cost on the Spirit was $7.95 per minute..........for each minute, or part of a minute. :eek: For us it was a business expense so the price didn't matter.

If I'm not mistaken, NCL charges $12.95 per minute the use the phone...I know it seems awfully expensive, but I'm pretty sure thats what I read on the ship...

Thanks to all who replied so far. $12.95 per minute on NCLis quite costly for a 6+ minute call. Even RCCL, at $7.95 per minute will be expensive. It's not a business expense! We have to pay for it :-( - So I guess when we are docked in Bermuda on our 8/29 cruise or at a port on our 11/7 RCCI cruise will be the best and probably most reasonable option!

I just need to fine out how much it costs for a call from the Bermuda to NJ and St. Thomas to NJ.

Again, much appreciate your prompt response.

Safe sails always!! :-)

I don't know if this is any help to you, but I use my cell phone from the ports after carefully checking with Verizon for the cost. It varies by port and can be as low as 99 cents a minute. I also put international service on my Blackberry for the duration of my trip and I use it for email and internet. (Sometimes coverage at sea is spotty) I also use text messages and for me it's a nickel incoming and 50 cents outgoing, I believe. Every carrier is different, but it is possibel to stay in touch without breaking the bank.

I just double checked my bill covering my 12 night Spirit cruise in April, and for 8 minutes of phone calls, 31 text messages and unlimited emails and data use it cost me $27.00 in roaming fees plus the cost of the service. The difference in my bill was $42 over my usual. It was well worth it for me to keep in touch with my kids at college, my DH and my old Ma, and much cheaper than buying the ship's internet plan.

The Peace of Mind was Priceless ;) Plus I updated my Facebook regularly to be sure all my landlocked friends were sufficiently jealous!!

I don't know if this is any help to you, but I use my cell phone from the ports after carefully checking with Verizon for the cost. It varies by port and can be as low as 99 cents a minute. I also put international service on my Blackberry for the duration of my trip and I use it for email and internet. (Sometimes coverage at sea is spotty) I also use text messages and for me it's a nickel incoming and 50 cents outgoing, I believe. Every carrier is different, but it is possibel to stay in touch without breaking the bank.

I just double checked my bill covering my 12 night Spirit cruise in April, and for 8 minutes of phone calls, 31 text messages and unlimited emails and data use it cost me $27.00 in roaming fees plus the cost of the service. The difference in my bill was $42 over my usual. It was well worth it for me to keep in touch with my kids at college, my DH and my old Ma, and much cheaper than buying the ship's internet plan.

The Peace of Mind was Priceless ;) Plus I updated my Facebook regularly to be sure all my landlocked friends were sufficiently jealous!!

Thanks so much! Yes, we do the same thing w/ verizon....texting much cheaper to check on the kids and grandkids...Usually do it from our cabin when we are docked....The reason for a landline is important business and DH doesn't want to chance loosing the call.

We'll keep the cell in mind as well, as we always do....

Thanks for the kind response. Hope you had a great cruise. Can't wait to be on the NCL Dawn 8/29 and on RCCI 11/7 - that's a 12 nighter. Love longer cruises, but when it comes to Bermuda, we're OK w/ 7 nights...Our fave!!!

Safe sails always :-)

You also mentioned the possibility of using phone cards onshore. You ought to be able to get one for around 25 cents or so per minute-- try searching online for international phone cards and the countries you're interested in and see what you get.

You also mentioned the possibility of using phone cards onshore. You ought to be able to get one for around 25 cents or so per minute-- try searching online for international phone cards and the countries you're interested in and see what you get.

Thank you!! We will probably look around for a phone card! We appreciate everyone's kind response to our questions!!

Safe sails everyone! :-)

We bought a card when we were in Bermuda last year to call home to New York. There are about 4 or 5 phones right out side the ship after you go though the customs building on the left. The card cost us $10.00 and we still have time left after talking to the Grand kids for a long while. See you at the meet and greet.

Kathy

We bought a card when we were in Bermuda last year to call home to New York. There are about 4 or 5 phones right out side the ship after you go though the customs building on the left. The card cost us $10.00 and we still have time left after talking to the Grand kids for a long while. See you at the meet and greet.

Kathy

Thanks again for the valuable information! A $10 phone card in Bermuda will be more than enough. Couldn't be easier!

See you on board 30 days from today!!!

Archived