Clarion Inn- San Pedro?

Has anyone recently stayed at the Clarion Inn in San Pedro... I can get it free with Capital One points for a one night stay pre-cruise 8/28/10..I could have gotten Crown Plaza yesterday...snooze you loose..

Does anyone have any recommendations one way or another? Since it is free...Would you chance it or should I spring for a room somewhere else?:confused:

Any and all advise appreciated..

Here's a link to the reviews on TripAdvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g32655-d81757-r62673006-Clarion_Inn_San_Pedro-Los_Angeles_California.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

It's an old Holiday Inn that is now a Clarion.

Did you try bidding on Priceline for the Crowne Plaza. If you could get a good rate, perhaps you could save your points for a stay somewhere else.

Thanks for the info....I am thinking that is what I may do...can't hurt to try...Frustrating cuz yesterday I could get the Crown Plaza with my points, but today I can't...:(

I had the same thing happen with airfare to FLL for our cruise in October. I waited one day to book and airfare went up $10 which put it in the next category for points--so we are on a new to our local airport, through Denver, to FLL. But--it's free! But, one day earlier, JetBlue nonstop.

I agree with PutterDude. It's OK for one night and they do have a shuttle to the pier (a beat-up white van). It's definitely low-budge but the upside is the Gaffey Street diner is a short walk away if you are looking for a nice big breakfast. The place gets mixed reviews but I find the food to be pretty good and you get a ton of it!!

I would recommend booking the Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree Hotel. Both receive very good recommendations.

I agree, stick with the Crowne Plaza or Doubletree. Both hotels offer free shuttles to the port. I've never stayed at either hotel but have been to weddings at both. The Doubletree is a little more remote but is in a very pretty marina setting. The Crowne Plaza is a little more run down. It isn't a bad place to spend the night but I think the Doubletree is nicer.

San Pedro has good sections and not so good sections of town. With any hotel you stay at, you want to be aware of your surroundings, especially if you venture out at night.

Thanks for all the advise...I just reserved the Crowne Plaza...Better safe than sorry..:D

Hope you got a good rate. Did you use priceline? The rooms have been going for $65/night plus tax which is a pretty good rate.:)

Archived