mens casual dress on the ventura??

willow3

hi please can someone tell me if linen trousers shirt and leather sandals are ok to wear on casual nights.I have read the dress code and all it tells you is no trainers .we leave on saturday and I have convinced my other half that sandals are fine for a family summer cruise but other people have said they are to casual he is now in a panic:eek: and I am in the bad books:(so any advice would be very helpful.

I wore a linen suit with an open shirt on Ventura in May/June. Admittedly, I wore socks and shoes with it, but actually I think that sandals would be OK - along with the right shirt, and assuming the sandals weren't too ratty then I think it could be a look that would be both 'smart-casual' and stylish.

It's all in the approach, anyway: tell him he looks good and sexy and he'll walk into the restaurant looking confident and stylish.

The dress code is actually 'SMART casual 'not 'casual 'night, most men wear short or long sleeved smart shirts and trousers with socks and shoes like what you would wear in any waiter served 4* restaurant at home. The semi formal suggests a jacket as well, the formal tux or suit. I am sure he could wear sandles if he wants too (are they closed sandles with socks ?, or bare feet and open beach sandles?)

I think Sue has nailed this one.

Irrespective of what the dress code states, you are dining in an elegant 4 star restaurant with first rate service, and to enjoy the experience to the full, IMHO, you would dress accordingly.

Regards

Cruisebore

The dress code is actually 'SMART casual 'not 'casual 'night, most men wear short or long sleeved smart shirts and trousers with socks and shoes like what you would wear in any waiter served 4* restaurant at home. The semi formal suggests a jacket as well, the formal tux or suit. I am sure he could wear sandles if he wants too (are they closed sandles with socks ?, or bare feet and open beach sandles?)

we have cruised a few times before but always in the winter months. there are no semi formal nights on our cruise so no jacket required.I think that linen trousers can look very stylish with a nice shirt and leather sandals and definately no socks:eek:thanks for your reply he is re packing as we speak!

Archived