20 something ladies! 7/29/2010

lcurtis87

Hi Everybody!

I only lost 1/2 lb this week. 178.6. However, I can be proud that everyday I hit my calorie goal and work out goals. Perhaps I'm gaining muscle? I will stay on track and just hope that I can get better toned and lose weight by cruise time. Still looking at the bikini that is hanging on my wall as motivation. Just 10 weeks to go.

Stay strong everyone!

p.s - The Jillian tape No More Trouble Zones is that more about targeting spots? I need to target my butt and thighs. Looking for something to help.

Hi Everybody!

I only lost 1/2 lb this week. 178.6. However, I can be proud that everyday I hit my calorie goal and work out goals. Perhaps I'm gaining muscle? I will stay on track and just hope that I can get better toned and lose weight by cruise time. Still looking at the bikini that is hanging on my wall as motivation. Just 10 weeks to go.

Stay strong everyone!

p.s - The Jillian tape No More Trouble Zones is that more about targeting spots? I need to target my butt and thighs. Looking for something to help.

She claims it targets wobbly arms, muffin tops, and saddlebags. I find it works my butt a bit too, it's a great overall workout.

ive been doing pretty good the last few days. eating well, resisted some really good food at a work lunch, no desserts and have gone to the gym everyday. im trying to eat enough so i dont go into fat storing mode, but cut back enough that i lose weight. they say you have to eat to lose, so i'm trying to find that balance.

i just cant do low carb. ive tried and it makes me a crazy person, especially when working out alot. but i'm trying to cut back a little. no rice, bread or pasta at dinner. instead i eat berries, corn or something with alot of fiber as my "carb"

every morning i eat steel cut oats with fresh blueberries, freshly ground flax seed and sugar free vanilla syrup. thats carby but thats definitely good carbs.

Hi everyone!

Well, today I am down anywhere from 2.6 to 1 pound. Grrr! I think my scale is broken! Everytime I stepped on, the weight would say something different. I don't know what to take as my weight for the week. I would like to take the 2.6, obviously. :D Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. I always weigh myself right after waking up, after I go to the bathroom but before I take a shower, so without clothes. I don't want the weight of my clothes messing things up. ;)

Last night I went to an event right after work that promised to have appetizers. So I thought I could pick the best ones and make it dinner. Well, obviously I should have planned better. All they had was chips and salsa and some type of flat bread with hummus. Really??? So I just had some of that for dinner. Oh, along with 2 glasses of wine. Not very good, I know. :o

This week I focused on tracking everything I eat on a typical basis. I've found I eat too many sweets and need to cut the wine back even more. It just takes up way too many calories!!! :mad:

Good luck to everyone else this week! Any fun weekend plans?

I've decided I need to stop focusing on the scale as a measure of success. I have less than 10 weeks till my cruise and just focus on what I'm doing not what I'm losing. I am logging everything I eat (even when I cheat) and staying within my calorie allotment from My Fitness Pal. Also I'm working out 6 days a week. Hopefully after 10 weeks of hard work, it will all pay off.

Anybody else have issues where they eat what their supposed to, exercise 5 days + and still not see a drop in numbers?

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I just weighed and I'm about to cry!!! 200 :eek::eek:

That is sooooo not the direction I'm trying to go. :(

I did have a cookie and pizza bindge the other night so I'm hoping I'm just retaining water from that.

PLEASE GO AWAY EXTRA POUNDS.

I'm so sad. *sniff sniff*

ive been doing well on the lose it or lose it _dot_ com website. knowing you are going to lose money if you eat bad is a great way to NOT eat bad! ive been losing about 2 pounds a week. i'm hitting the gym, not eating junk, no rice, no pasta, nuthin. i'm hungry, dont get me wrong. i indulge in small things every once in awhile but for the most part im good. i wanna keep my money! if i can keep this 2lbs a week weight loss going on, i'll be happy as a clam by the time my cruise comes up in december

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I just weighed and I'm about to cry!!! 200 :eek::eek:

That is sooooo not the direction I'm trying to go. :(

I did have a cookie and pizza bindge the other night so I'm hoping I'm just retaining water from that.

PLEASE GO AWAY EXTRA POUNDS.

I'm so sad. *sniff sniff*

It's too frustrating. I'm trying to be really good this week but already have pizza plans for tonight (friends are coming over so our border collies can play) and of course the holiday cook out plans.

Good luck.

JW

I'm back! Back on this thread and back to the gym. I re-joined since my hubby got a job. That was the 1st thing I did. Been going now for a week now and even got my sister to join too. :D I tried my first ZUMBA class last Friday and OMG! What a full body work out that was/is. I will be trying it again to see if I can overcome that "I am not coordinated enough to do this" feeling, along with "I look like an idiot" feeling. :rolleyes:

Along with my membership they also give me full access to Anytimehealth dot com. Which is fantastic! I track EVERYTHING I eat and all activities and it helps me so much. Tonight I will be measuring myself in different areas to get me a baseline on whats going on with my abs, legs, arms etc, instead of just depending on the scale. Tracking everything you eat is so helpful to me as I have a visual on too many sugars, or not enough protein or too many calories. I love it!:p

For all of you going the wrong direction on your scales, YOU CAN DO IT! Don't let this thread need to be BUMPED, we are here and we can/WILL help you.

Good luck everybody and get LOSING! :p

Hello ladies! I know I'm late on this, but can I join your group? In addition to being a late joiner, I'm also not a 20-something. I'm 31, but apparently I'm in denial about that. When I saw the title of this thread I just clicked on it, then a few seconds later remembered that I'm not a 20-something anymore. :o

Anyway, I'm trying to lose 10 pounds by December 17th. This is the day we're planning on leaving for our cruise (which we haven't actually booked yet because DH doesn't have his leave approved). My plan is to work out 5-6 days a week and eat 1200-1500 calories a day.

So... what do you say?

Hello ladies! I know I'm late on this, but can I join your group? In addition to being a late joiner, I'm also not a 20-something. I'm 31, but apparently I'm in denial about that. When I saw the title of this thread I just clicked on it, then a few seconds later remembered that I'm not a 20-something anymore. :o

Anyway, I'm trying to lose 10 pounds by December 17th. This is the day we're planning on leaving for our cruise (which we haven't actually booked yet because DH doesn't have his leave approved). My plan is to work out 5-6 days a week and eat 1200-1500 calories a day.

So... what do you say?

don't worry about the age thing . . . I haven't seen 20's in a few years too.

Hi Ladies!

Thanks for letting me join your group! Today is the first official day of my diet. I’m 13 weeks away from the day we should be leaving for our cruise. This morning I woke up and did my workout for about 30 minutes, and so far I’ve only had 200 calories (although I’ll definitely need a snack soon). I’m going to try and continue doing morning workouts. It’s hard to wake up early, but it’s so much nicer coming home from work and knowing that I don’t have to muster up the energy to exercise. We’ll see how it goes. Have a great weekend! :)

Stacey

Well I am down 9 pounds in 8 days! Go me!! I have been going to the gym every weekday and use the WII Plus on the weekends and keep my calories under 1500 by using a tracker on line. Love it, feel it, livin' it!:D

Have a great weekend!

I only have four weeks to my cruise - need to lose at least the amount that I will gain on the cruise (about 5 lbs).

JW

Well I am down 9 pounds in 8 days! Go me!! I have been going to the gym every weekday and use the WII Plus on the weekends and keep my calories under 1500 by using a tracker on line. Love it, feel it, livin' it!:D

Have a great weekend!

Wow! That's awesome - congrats!!! :D

Cruising in just under a month, and I think I'm at 170 today. I'm trying to stay healthy and on target by eating lots of fruits and vegetables, but I've been craving bagels and carbs lately!

I also travel for work, and drink entirely too much rum. I swear, I'm never going to get past the bloat and unhealthy eating times/habits!

i just got back from my carnival freedom cruise, 8 days eastern carribean...

and even though i ate 3 meals a day, and i always ordered appetizers and desserts, i still lost 4 pounds...

not a whole lot but freaking great...

must be all the stairs and walking around the ship plus all the excursions and getting ready for all the shows...

Down 15 pounds in 2.5 weeks and cruise on Sunday! I've been counting calories and tracking everything I put in my mouth. I keep my calories between 1100 - 1500 a day and work out for an hour and a half monday through friday. Everybody at work can tell I've lost weight and I will continue after the cruise.

Good luck everybody!!

Congrats Cloverseeker! I hope you're having an awesome time on your cruise!

I've had a bad day today, and I've lost track of how many calories I've consumed. This is my first bad day since I started this diet over two weeks ago. I'm down about 3 pounds overall, but I'm feeling guilty about today. I need to just put it out of my mind and get back on the wagon tomorrow. :o I hope everyone else is doing well.

Archived