COKE CUPS - Are they still the same?

CaroleSP

I haven't sailed on =X= for about a year and a half. Last time we purchased soda cards, the cups weren't very large when loaded with ice, maybe 10-12 oz. Plus the top did not allow you to close the drinking hole.

However, the cups we received from RCL in the last year were much larger, and worked well. They sealed nicely and we never had one spill.

So, my question is, has =X= changed their cups or are they still the smaller, shapely red ones?

Thanks in advance for your responses to this strange question.

On the Mercury over the course of a few years I received the slender, red, non-closeable 12 oz cup and then later the plastic, closeable larger cup. I really, really liked the look and feel of the smaller one and when I got home threw the larger one away.

I think this upcoming cruise I'll just take along my own 16 oz. tervis tumbler with closeable lid. That should make me a happy camper :) .

While on the Summit last month, we didn't get a souvenier cup. I couldn't determine if they were temporarily out or it was discontinued. Maybe someone has more current info.

*** It was still advertised in the literature!!!

Thanks so much! I was hoping it was the larger mug. I used to take one of them to work and fill it from the icemaker in our kitchen. It's nice having ice all day, not to mention the reminder of its original source.

Archived