Carnival Victory

Spanky My

Not been on this ship before and have a FEW questions... Balcony room good or just ok? Dining rooms which one is the best? Plenty room by the pools/chairs or generally too crowded??? Show room have good VIEWING/SEATING or tough to get a good seat ? Thanks in advance for your response you wiley veterans......Spanky

Balcony room essential! lol. The balcony rooms are good. The ship is in good shape even though it isn't the newest and having a balcony on this intinerary is very nice. Wonderful views in the ports and while sailing.

I don't have an opinon about the dining rooms, because we're pretty laid back about where we get seated. We had wonderful service in December and the food was mostly very good. Stay away from the cheaubriand, it was absolutely miserable for everyone at our table. ick.

We don't do the shows so will leave that for someone else.

The pool area was not crowded most of the time. Even when the pool was busy there were available chairs. Being on an island every day seems to wear people out and they don't spend as much time at the pool or on the decks as on cruises with sea days. Even in the late afternoon when so many people come back onboard, there was room on the deck and chairs available. I think people got so much sun on beaches and excursions they were lounge chaired out!

Not been on this ship before and have a FEW questions... Balcony room good or just ok? Dining rooms which one is the best? Plenty room by the pools/chairs or generally too crowded??? Show room have good VIEWING/SEATING or tough to get a good seat ? Thanks in advance for your response you wiley veterans......Spanky

Sailed on the Victory last week. Ship is in Good shape. Balcony is very nice to have and the balcony rooms I went in (4total) were all in good shape. We had a balcony room on the upper deck (6)

We had dinner in the pacific which was OK but the other one looked OK too. Pools are not crowded since most travellers get of the ship in all ports.

For the shows you have to be early to get a good seat. Say 20 to 15 minutes before show time. Last week the show was never full not even at the last show which only has one presentation. A seat was always available on all shows. This suprised me a bit since last year on the Valor the shows were always full. No seats available.

Enjoy your trip

since others have already answered your questions I will give you a few hints:

it gets very crowded on the lido for breakfast as everyone is rushing to get ashore. There is a Breakfast express window where the deli is usually served, same things as the buffet and no line usually. Also go upstairs for a table, we were usually the only ones up there.

The one time we ate in the dining room, it took over 50 minutes to get our food at breakfast. No issues for dinner.

Pool tip: The aft pool area is adults only. It has a retractable cover. For some reason this Captain requires that the roof be CLOSED while sailing. Never had this on any other Carnival ship but everyday on Victory. We would arrive back on board, head out to the pool and about 10 minutes before sailing they would close the roof. Talk about sauna!

We loved this ship!

Archived