Glory and Whales

VolzCruiser

I will be traveling on the Glory to Canada in just a few days and I was wondering if Bridge Staff notices any whales do they announce it over the pa system to let all the passenger know so they can see them. While I really don't plan seeing any from the ship I was just wondering if they did this type of thing.

Our first carnival cruise is in September, so I don't know what they do, but when we sailed to Canada on NCL and RCC, they did announce when there was a whale sighting. We have seen whales from the ship on our cruises to Canada.

You could take me with you and I will be your personal naturalist . :D I have been involved with marine mammals for 12 years.

LOL Sure come on. Now my only question is are you about 3 ft tall and 2 foot wide and way less then 50 lbs

:D

I think I saw a whale on the Glory last week, no announcement was made.. it was also a little after 5am (I couldn't sleep, grrr..) and personally I'd be pretty pissed if they were making announcements about a whale sighting if I was still sleeping then.

When I was on the Glory, we saw whales as we were eating breakfast on our last full day. We had gotten a table right by the window, and happened to see them. I didn't hear any announcements, but from what I recall, you only hear emergency announcements in the dining room anyway.

We saw whales twice on the Victory to Canada July 2008. No announcements were made, but there was so much excitement from other passengers, that we could not miss the whales. Enjoy your cruise!! :D

Archived