Is my upgrade on Valor really an upgrade?

:rolleyes:Okay so, Carnival upgraded me on the Valor from stateroom 6243 (which I was happy with) to 8376. While I appreciate the gesture, I'm not sure if being directly below the lido deck is a good thing. First, in photos it looks like the lido deck overhangs beyond deck 8. Thinking that might reduce my views of the night sky. Second, I'm concerned about the noise transfer from the late night parties above on the lido.

Does anyone have any knowledge of rooms on this area of the Valor or other similar Conquest Class ships?

Thank you in advance! People on Cruise Critic are so generous with information!

Looks like 6243 is above the Ivanhoe Theater. 8376 is under the buffet restaraunt.

I don't like cabins on either of these decks. So, to me, it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

I know that's not much help, but I don't think the noise level will be bad under that part of the Lido Deck.

Becky, My upgrade was a magical surprise!

Mona-I get what you're saying, I was thinking the cabin over the theater would be okay since the shows would be over by the time I would go to bed. I'm just not so sure about being below the Lido. I'm thinking there may be too much activity going on over my head :)

I have been in 8378 on the Liberty, so same layout, just next door. You will be under the buffet. I didn't have any noise issues, however, maybe two early mornings I heard what sounded like a vacuum going over tile. You know when you go from carpet to tile, the sound it makes? If I hadn't already been up, it wouldn't have woke me up. I had no problems there and it really was convenient to everything.

It was an upgrade for us too. We had booked an inside gty. Then the swine flu hit. That is the cheapest balcony we will ever have.:D

We had a similar cabin on the Triumph.

Two issues that you *might* experience:

1. Early-morning scraping sounds as they rearrange the chairs above.

2. Intermittent "cooking" odors, typically from the deep-fryer.

Neither one serious enough to prevent me from booking it again.

Archived