Rome restaurants and cafes recommendation

quanmama

We will be spending 4 or 5 nights in Rome next summer prior to our cruise. Our family LOVE to eat and one of the most important things we do during our vacation is hunting for good local restaurants in each city. I like to know which were your favorite restaurants and cafes in Rome. We will be renting an apartment very close to Piazza Navona so we prefer eating close to that area, but we are very willing to hop to other areas if you have a great one to recommend. I know there are other sites I could check for restaurant recommendations but I like to hear what other fellow cruisers have to say as well. I am a super planner and like to start researching very early, and I look forward to hearing what you have to recommend. :D

well you must have an evening meal at tre scallini in piazza narvonna. hop over to via veneto area and you can try marcellos (it is a block from the hotel savoy) our favorite of all is giorosto toscano. it is just outside the gates at the top of via venato (try the veal chop!)

we have done walking tour of rome with romewalks.com and twice our guides have recommended great little cafes for lunch.

well you must have an evening meal at tre scallini in piazza narvonna.

We ate at tre scallini during our visit to Rome in July and enjoyed it very much (Piazza Novona is a fun place). Wonderful outdoor venue with fabulous "people watching!" We stayed at the Albergo del Senato at the Pantheon and our front desk fellow told us that tre scallini was the ONLY place that was really good at Piazza Novona!!

Thank you for the suggestions. I wonder what is going on with Tre Scalini. Its reviews are all over the place with many commenting that it is touristy with not so good food quality. We probably will give it a try anyway.

We will be spending 4 or 5 nights in Rome next summer prior to our cruise. Our family LOVE to eat and one of the most important things we do during our vacation is hunting for good local restaurants in each city. I like to know which were your favorite restaurants and cafes in Rome. We will be renting an apartment very close to Piazza Navona so we prefer eating close to that area, but we are very willing to hop to other areas if you have a great one to recommend. I know there are other sites I could check for restaurant recommendations but I like to hear what other fellow cruisers have to say as well. I am a super planner and like to start researching very early, and I look forward to hearing what you have to recommend. :D

We had an excellent meal in Rome at Le Fric http://www.lefric.it/ . You can also check their reviews on Trip Advisor.

I recommend Spaghetteria L'Archetto (or simply, L'Archetto)- it is literally steps away from the Trevi Fountain. They do not have a website, but their TripAdvisor listing is here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187791-d777431-Reviews-Spaghetteria_L_Archetto-Rome_Lazio.html

For a restaurant in Rome, it is very affordable and the food is awesome - well worth the price. My fave was the spaghetti carbonara, but they have a very extensive menu.

Archived