Ordering luggage tags online

103brandy

Does anyone know why some people can order luggage tags on the cruise personaliser and some can't?

We've ordered ours but some of our fellow cruisers don't have the facility.:confused:

Have you booked via a travel agent ? they will send you them,

also I dont think we can order them from the UK.

Jim

Hi,

Just for your info I live in London and have just ordered luggage tags online for my forthcoming August 26 Century cruise.

Actually I think I will also get some from the travel agent but we'll see.

Ciao

Hazel

Have you booked via a travel agent ? they will send you them,

also I dont think we can order them from the UK.

Jim

Yes I booked with a travel agent and Yes I'm in the UK.

I ordered online an they arrived this morning. All EIGHT of them :eek:.

They are marked Concierge Class so maybe only suites, aquaclass and concierge class have the facility to order online. I know that those classes get priority luggage delvery.

Yes I booked with a travel agent and Yes I'm in the UK.

I ordered online an they arrived this morning. All EIGHT of them :eek:.

They are marked Concierge Class so maybe only suites, aquaclass and concierge class have the facility to order online. I know that those classes get priority luggage delvery.

Anybody can order luggage tags, although there is a set window when you can do it - you can't order too early, and you can't order too late.

I also don't think it matters if you've booked with a TA or direct through Celebrity. I booked with a TA, but the option to order luggage tags still showed up on my account.

Does anyone know why some people can order luggage tags on the cruise personaliser and some can't?

We've ordered ours but some of our fellow cruisers don't have the facility.:confused:

Everyone in the UK can order their bagtags online - you have to be paid up in full (and your agent must have passed the monies on to X!), and your tickets have to be issued inorder to do this.

I got 2 lots in the post! Must do it before 14 days prior to sailing date.

We booked our cruise with an online travel agency. We charged the full fare to our credit card. I got our luggage tags in the mail today. On the Celebrity website, I saw the link to order them and did so! There was no issue.

Most people on our roll call can't order them online.

There is no facility on their cruise personaliser.

Some booked direct with Celebrity and others with TAs

As I said before: Everyone in the UK can order their bagtags online - you have to be paid up in full (and your agent must have passed the monies on to X!), and your tickets have to be issued inorder to do this.

I suspect that their tickets have not been issued yet. when they get the email letting them know their tickets are ready then they will be able to order bag tags.

On the last cruise we took (March '10) those who received hard copy cruise documents could not order online and those who received their cruise documents electronically through Celebrity's website could. The tags were available for order about 3 to 5 weeks before the cruise.

It isn't a big issue either way since tags are availale at the port when you drop off your luggage.

On the last cruise we took (March '10) those who received hard copy cruise documents could not order online and those who received their cruise documents electronically through Celebrity's website could. The tags were available for order about 3 to 5 weeks before the cruise.

It isn't a big issue either way since tags are availale at the port when you drop off your luggage.

If your agent is still one who gets the old style printed ticket booklet then the tags will be tucked in side the back cover so there is no need to order on line.

OP: I think that the others on your roll call just need to check with their agents if they are converted to e-docs or not yet. Anyone booked directly with X UK will be e-docs.

I was told by Celebrity, that a email would be sent about 49 days pior to sailing and then you could order your luggage tags. That's exactly what happened. After I ordered them, the tags arrived by mail about 5 days later. 2 sets. One set with DH name and 1 set with my name.

Judi :)

The online documents and info which I printed re our upcoming Mercury adventure, Sept. 19, indicates that the printed luggage tags are " not real luggage tags. " Why bother printing them..what's the point ? The document does go on to state that these " images of luggage " tags can be used by the porter " to create luggage tags " at the pier. It seems like so much useless bureaucracy and make-work project. How are these luggage tags at the pier then attached to the luggage ? Tape ? String ? Krazy Glue ?...

The online documents and info which I printed re our upcoming Mercury adventure, Sept. 19, indicates that the printed luggage tags are " not real luggage tags. " Why bother printing them..what's the point ? The document does go on to state that these " images of luggage " tags can be used by the porter " to create luggage tags " at the pier. It seems like so much useless bureaucracy and make-work project. How are these luggage tags at the pier then attached to the luggage ? Tape ? String ? Krazy Glue ?...

When you order the luggage tags, you get actual luggage tags through snail mail that are very similar in quality to airport luggage tags, although a bit thinner in width. They are preprinted with your name and cabin number along with other coding that the baggage handlers use to move your bags to the right area.

The printed out image in your online documents is a sample of what the actual luggage tags would look like. If you can't/don't get the luggage tags ahead of time, it really is no big deal. You show them the picture or just tell them your stateroom number and they'll handwrite your luggage tag and attach it to your bag. There was really no line for these handwritten luggage tags, so it'll only cost you a few minutes when checking in.

When you order the luggage tags, you get actual luggage tags through snail mail that are very similar in quality to airport luggage tags, although a bit thinner in width. They are preprinted with your name and cabin number along with other coding that the baggage handlers use to move your bags to the right area.

The printed out image in your online documents is a sample of what the actual luggage tags would look like. If you can't/don't get the luggage tags ahead of time, it really is no big deal. You show them the picture or just tell them your stateroom number and they'll handwrite your luggage tag and attach it to your bag. There was really no line for these handwritten luggage tags, so it'll only cost you a few minutes when checking in.

Thanks labeachcomber. You answered my question perfectly. Appreciate your help.

........The document does go on to state that these " images of luggage " tags can be used by the porter " to create luggage tags " at the pier. It seems like so much useless bureaucracy and make-work project. How are these luggage tags at the pier then attached to the luggage ? Tape ? String ? Krazy Glue ?...
Math Guy, your description of "so much useless bureaucracy and make-work project" is right on target; in the words of William Shakespeare, much ado about nothing.

There is no need to show any "images" to the porters at the pier.

The only thing you need to print on the tag is your stateroom number. You can either print it yourself or let a porter do it.

There is no tape, string or Krazy Glue involved.

You slip the luggage tag through the handle of your suitcase, peel a small section of paper off one end, press the two ends together and presto! - the ends are stuck together. It couldn't be any easier.

It takes me less than a minute at the pier to fill out and attach 4 luggage tags.

On a few cruises some of us checked in a mixed group of bags at the pier, curious to see if it would make a difference in the delivery time. Some bags had the fancy, pre-printed "priority" tags, a couple had home-made tags, and others had the plain vanilla tags obtained at the pier bearing only the stateroom number.

They were all delivered to our cabins along the same section of hallway in the same batch at approximately the same time.

Since I shall arrive by bus at the pier and the luggage goes directly to the baggage handlers as I have no access to them after boarding the bus, how cld I get them done?

Anyone have a solution for me?

Thanks in advance..:)

Since I shall arrive by bus at the pier and the luggage goes directly to the baggage handlers as I have no access to them after boarding the bus, how cld I get them done?

Anyone have a solution for me?

Thanks in advance..:)

Not sure what cruise you're taking or what port you're leaving out of, but even if you are using the Celebrity transfer, I believe you'll still have to get your bags out of the bus and then drop them off to the luggage handler. At least that's how I've always had it done. There may be some type of Celebrity transfer and baggage delivery to your stateroom that I'm unaware of, but I would imagine that it's not the case.

Read that I could order the luggage tags online to be mailed to me, but wasn't sure how to go about doing that. I emailed my TA how to order them. She said they don't mail them any longer you just print them from the site... I pointed out that Celebrity's site said they would mail them. My TA said if they did she would forward them to me, but she didn't think they would be mailed.

Last Thursday I went on line to "My Celebrity" and ordered our luggage tags. They arrived today!

One step closer to our cruise! :)

Not sure what cruise you're taking or what port you're leaving out of, but even if you are using the Celebrity transfer, I believe you'll still have to get your bags out of the bus and then drop them off to the luggage handler. At least that's how I've always had it done. There may be some type of Celebrity transfer and baggage delivery to your stateroom that I'm unaware of, but I would imagine that it's not the case.

I'm taking the special 'cruiseship' bus from Victoria, Van. Island, BC by ferry to Vancouver, picking up pax and luggage on the way there + some on the ferry (with occasional stops along the way it takes approx 1+ hr driving before the ferry, 1 1/2 hrs by ferry then 1+ hr to the terminal) and believe me, u don't get your luggage once its packed into the hold of the bus. They let pax off then take all the luggage around to the baggage handlers..

So, I repeat, what do I do if I can't get luggage tags online? Do I just request them by 'snail' mail & hope they arrive beforehand & if not perhaps make some for myself?

Do u have any suggestions?

Wld appreciate hearing from anyone..:)

Archived