Anyone been to COSTCO in Cabo san lucas ?

tdebolt

I am interested in making run to Costco while I am in Cabo, has anyone been that can tell me the best way to get there? Is there a bus from the Marina area that would be easy to use, or would a taxi be best? How about liquor prices at Costco?

THANKS!

• 1 month later...

What I Suggest Is That You Go To The Main Drag ( Street)...in Front Of The Mall And Take A Bus For 60 Cents! Take The Small White Bus...the Destinations Are Painted On The Front Of The Windows. Look For A Bus That Shows Costco On The List. It Is Real Simple And It Isnt That Far.

You Can Easily Walk To Downtown, Where The Mall Is, From The Marina

omg! there's a costco there! my DH would love it! he loves going to costco...especially one that's at another state/place/country! he says, "just to check it out, see what they have to sell that's different"

What I Suggest Is That You Go To The Main Drag ( Street)...in Front Of The Mall And Take A Bus For 60 Cents! Take The Small White Bus...the Destinations Are Painted On The Front Of The Windows. Look For A Bus That Shows Costco On The List. It Is Real Simple And It Isnt That Far.

you mean you can give 60c US coins for the fare ? or 60 peso ?

we actually plan to take the bus to San Jose Del Cabo (the other town up the corridor).

by the number of people who go to these ports and look for Walmart and Costco. Everytime we go to Costco, we drop $300-500 and load the car up with detergent, paper products, cases of pop and drinks, and groceries. What in the world do you buy at Costco in the middle of a cruise and how much do you think you save doing it. Costco is a convenient place to stockpile staples but as a destination??? Going someplace North American in a foreign place?? Why leave home? What do you people do for fun?

Costcos actually stock local things, at least at some locations. I got some great moose jerky up in Alaska. They also have a very interesting chocolate shop at the Crystal City location outside DC, where you could buy a replica of the capitol in chocolate. I would love to see what items they stock in Mexico.

I am one of those Costco shoppers who doesn't stock up on the 100 rolls of toilet paper or the 5 gallons of mustard. I look for the intersting items they stock, often temporily, and see what I can find. I am certainly not going to be stocking up on items there, but something interesting might catch my eye.

As for restaurants, I always avoid the American chains oversees. But I always do a lot of research to find the best of the local places.

by the number of people who go to these ports and look for Walmart and Costco. Everytime we go to Costco, we drop $300-500 and load the car up with detergent, paper products, cases of pop and drinks, and groceries. What in the world do you buy at Costco in the middle of a cruise and how much do you think you save doing it. Costco is a convenient place to stockpile staples but as a destination??? Going someplace North American in a foreign place?? Why leave home? What do you people do for fun?

I've been to Cabo a few times, but most recent was prior to Costco. I want to see what the liquor prices are, if they carry vanilla (that way I know its the good stuff) and what other souveniers tehy might have. Plus I just think it would be interesting to see how its different or similar to the local Costco. I've done the booze cruises, ATV's, Horses, and seen most of the resorts in Cabo already...this is just something new in Cabo that I haven't been to yet.

Thanks for the suggestion, I knew there had to be a better way than a cab. I can't quite picture where it is in Cabo though...things have changed in the last few years!

Thanks for the suggestion, I knew there had to be a better way than a cab. I can't quite picture where it is in Cabo though...things have changed in the last few years!

Costco is just east from the Marina and you can see it from the ship.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been to Cabo a few times, but most recent was prior to Costco. I want to see what the liquor prices are, if they carry vanilla (that way I know its the good stuff) and what other souveniers tehy might have. Plus I just think it would be interesting to see how its different or similar to the local Costco. I've done the booze cruises, ATV's, Horses, and seen most of the resorts in Cabo already...this is just something new in Cabo that I haven't been to yet.

WHERE DID YOU RIDE HORSES IN CABO???? we leave this sunday am out of san diego and have been trying to find on these boards where we can horseback ride in cabo or la paz! Hope someone can reply ASAP!!! Thanks:)

WHERE DID YOU RIDE HORSES IN CABO???? we leave this sunday am out of san diego and have been trying to find on these boards where we can horseback ride in cabo or la paz! Hope someone can reply ASAP!!! Thanks:)

through our cruise line, they offer a "beachside horseback riding"...at cabo. it said that it's a 10 minute ride to the villa del palmar hotel, and that's where you get oriented & saddled up. so maybe you can check out that hotel? and hopefully, you can book it through them? good luck! hope this helps! have fun!! :)

Costcos actually stock local things, at least at some locations. I got some great moose jerky up in Alaska. They also have a very interesting chocolate shop at the Crystal City location outside DC, where you could buy a replica of the capitol in chocolate. I would love to see what items they stock in Mexico.

yes, they do! we once went to a costco in hawaii. (DH had to make a stop, to see what items they had to sell...he LOVES going to different costcos, just for that reason!) anyways, we picked up several children's books, but in hawaiian versions! it was so cool! i'm so glad he made us go there to check it out!

so i ran by my DH that there's a costco in cabo...and his ears perked! would love to go see, since we don't have any definite plans for cabo yet. does any one know...is this costco near other shopping areas? or is it isolated?

thank you in advance! :)

When my son was teaching English in Japan, he went to a Costco there. He said the layout was exactly the same, and it carried most of the same things he found in a US Costco (quite dissapointing).

This is funny. My boss is in Cabo right now, I'll have to remember to ask her about Costco when she gets back. They have a house down there, so I guess they could stock up on something.

randolph, Your post reminded me of going to the mall when we were in New Hampshire a couple years ago. Being from the west coast, I was eager to see something different. What a disappointment, same stores, same clothes, same everything. The exciting part was no sales tax. Mall are malls, boring.

We were just down there and my SIL made the trip to Costco. They had better prices on booze than anywhere else but duty free. Example: Grand Mariner-- $32 duty free and $37 Costco. They had lots of different and unusual items that you could only find in Mexico. But the best part? There was about 15 people in the whole place!!!:cool: She said it was the most fun that she ever had at a Costco.

We were just down there and my SIL made the trip to Costco. They had better prices on booze than anywhere else but duty free. Example: Grand Mariner-- $32 duty free and $37 Costco. They had lots of different and unusual items that you could only find in Mexico. But the best part? There was about 15 people in the whole place!!!:cool: She said it was the most fun that she ever had at a Costco.

please explain "duty free" and "costco" prices. thank you! :)

Now I am excited about visiting the Costco :D right after my kayak adventure

Archived