So Anyone Here Going On A Cruise?

sea_u_onboard

Since this is sort of a “nonsense” thread I think I will relate a funny story about our last cruise. Something today at work reminded me of it. If you have sailed RCL and this has happened then it was all a set-up – but I really enjoyed it at the time and still love to tell the story.

When I was on the Rhapsody last year I was in the theater playing BINGO. Well you know how they have the dancers assisting in authenticating the cards once someone has won. Well one of the dancers was male and he and the CD were just having a great time cutting up on one another. Well one game ended and I guess the dancer decided it would be a good time to take a break, since it would be a little while until the next person would be able to BINGO. The CD is calling the numbers for the next game when all of a sudden there was this “strange sound” coming across the sound system. It sounded like someone “relieving” themselves in the restroom – and it was. It seems that Ralph (I’ll call him Ralph for I have some-timers and can’t recall his name) had forgotten to turn off his cordless mike. Well Ralph must have been drinking A LOT because this went on for quite some time – psssss (pause) pppppssssstttt (pause) ppppssssttt (pause) pppst psst (pause). At first the CD was going to send someone in to let him know but then he said “WAIT, no one tell him. Let’s see if he washes his hands”. We hear him FINALLY finish, he proceeds to wash his hands and by this time everyone in the theater is facing the door so they can see his face when he walks in. He comes strolling in and he sort of stops when he realizes everyone is staring at him – then everyone starts to laugh – and he still has this “deer in the headlights” look on his face. The CD says “Ralph, I’ll shake your hand any day because I now know that you wash them after you use the facilities. He quickly looks down at the mike switch and realizes that the mike is on. I don’t think I have ever seen anyone that red. The CD then tells him that he might want to stop in and see the doc because he might have a prostate problem.

Oh I forget to tell you what reminded me the BINGO story.

We were having training in this big fancy auditorium that we have at work and our HR manager finishes his portion and decides to sneak out real quick as his has to return and finish up the presentation. As the second presenter is on the stage we hear an echo sound, followed by another sound. The presenter says what’s that – to which I replied (since I had experience in this area) – that’s Jerry in the restroom. He had a wireless mike on his shirt and had forgotten to turn it off. Everyone was dying. Someone quickly ran in to inform him of his lapse in memory.

I just thought I would lighten it up a little after all the drama og the last few days. I hope everyone gets the answers they're looking for here on the boards.

Darn, did I miss something again? I haven't been here in about a week. Sure wish you all wouldn't go and "talk interesting talk" while I'm gone! ;) Makes for some real confusion on my part when I get back here! :confused:

Yeah, same thing happened at Bingo on the Voyager. Guess it's all a set up, It was funny.

I figured it might be - since the guy took forever - But it was funny.

Now the thing at work really happened. Of course I don't think anyone is going to bring it up again to the HR manager.

Cheryl, I think I have a cruise coming up soon... I'll need to take a look at my calendar and see exactly when though :p Been BUSY trying to get things done, which might account for my I have not been able to get you that information :o I'm trying girl!!

No worries. Your countdown clock says you still have 612 days to go. Just put it out of your mind. ;)

LOL, well then it's a good thing I have one in 3 days to put me out of my misery!!!!!!!! :eek:

Excitement is starting to set in now!!!!! :D :D

We did the Spirit last year and Micheal M was the CD.I hear that they brought him back. I hope he is better this year than last year.There was a lot of Bingo on the last cruise and not too much else to do.He disappeared on the third day of the 8 day cruise and Jenny took over( she is sooooo funny!)We are going to try the Reservations only dining room this time( watch out for the freeky see through stairs).Never done Mexico before...can't wait.What kind of cabin are you in? we have a room 7303 ( an extended balcony) I wonder if they are really as big as I heard they are?

Archived