Falmouth Jamaica better than Montego Bay and Ocho rios?

I see it is a new port for the Voyager out of Galveston. Would love to know what you think of it. Is it safer and better than the other Jamaican ports?

We have done both of the intineraries out of Galveston. On the other one, they have switched from Costa Maya to Belize. What do you like about Belize?

Thanks for any info!

I see it is a new port for the Voyager out of Galveston. Would love to know what you think of it. Is it safer and better than the other Jamaican ports?

We have done both of the intineraries out of Galveston. On the other one, they have switched from Costa Maya to Belize. What do you like about Belize?

Thanks for any info!

No one has sailed there

As far as I know Falmouth is a cruise made port, so depending on what Jamaica allows RCI to do and what they don't, that is going to be the port. I expect it to be a lot like Costa Maya.

So if I were guessing, it will be a little boring like all the other cruise made ports, and outside the port it will be Jamaica, like all the other ports in Jamaica. You are either intimidated by this country or you see the wonderful beauty it has to offer and explore. I don't think the country is going to change because Royal Caribbean built a port.

That's mho.

rev

Falmouth is the capital and chief town of the parish of Trelawny, Jamaica. It's been in existence since 1769 so there is lots of history there.

The port is not completed yet, so nobody has sailed there yet. There are some reviews out there from land based travellers.

http://www.falmouthjamaica.org/content.asp?catID=8545

Judy

It is also really close to Ocho Rios where there are some really great activities you can do. And, I agree... you are either in awe by the beauty or intimidated. But, it surely is beautiful and the people are poor but great. I have a good contact for excursions if you need one ;)

Archived