Just off the Explorer!!!

Hi Everyone!

I just got off the Explorer this morning! It was a great cruise and the weather was amazing!

After reading some of the posts I was afraid that the condition of the ship had really gone down in a year. I thought the ship looked great inside and outside!

We had great service in stateroom 9345 and in the dining room. Our assistant waiter was especially good. His name was June! The food was very good. We ate dinner at Windjammers one night and Portifino's another night. Anybody who has been on the Explorer lately should know Lucky Laura. She got married in St. Thomas during our cruise!

Jimmy Rhodes was our cruise director. He was good, but I really missed Dave Chapman.

The entertainment was good and the game shows were fun! I really noticed how toned down the Quest was from previous years.

I really only had 2 little complaints. I think that the crew should really monitor ages at adult only shows. There were multiple little kids (5-8 year olds) at the Quest. The other thing is disembarking from the ship. It is such a slow process and so timely! It took about an hour from the time our color was called until we were in the car to go home.

Overall, it was a great cruise!!! I will gladly answer any qustions!!!:D

Hi Everyone!

I just got off the Explorer this morning! It was a great cruise and the weather was amazing!

After reading some of the posts I was afraid that the condition of the ship had really gone down in a year. I thought the ship looked great inside and outside!

We had great service in stateroom 9345 and in the dining room. Our assistant waiter was especially good. His name was June! The food was very good. We ate dinner at Windjammers one night and Portifino's another night. Anybody who has been on the Explorer lately should know Lucky Laura. She got married in St. Thomas during our cruise!

Jimmy Rhodes was our cruise director. He was good, but I really missed Dave Chapman.

The entertainment was good and the game shows were fun! I really noticed how toned down the Quest was from previous years.

I really only had 2 little complaints. I think that the crew should really monitor ages at adult only shows. There were multiple little kids (5-8 year olds) at the Quest. The other thing is disembarking from the ship. It is such a slow process and so timely! It took about an hour from the time our color was called until we were in the car to go home.

We are on the Explorer in less than a month. We have always brought a 24 pack of water with us without any problem. I have read on some ships they are taking it away. Did you see anyone bringing water onboard?

Glad you had a good time, we love the Explorer!

I had a bottle of water that was open in my purse and one in my carry on. I didn't get stopped, but I don't know what would happen with a package of water. Sorry I can't answer your question!

You will have a great time on the Explorer! It's so much fun!

I think that the crew should really monitor ages at adult only shows. There were multiple little kids (5-8 year olds) at the Quest. The other thing is disembarking from the ship. It is such a slow process and so timely! It took about an hour from the time our color was called until we were in the car to go home.

Hi eeyore! We were on it as well, great trip, great weather. I hope to post a more detailed trip report this week. But to your point about Quest, I never saw it listed as an adult-only or over 18 event in the compass. And Jimmy announced several times during the week that this was an event that was "fun for the whole family."

As for being toned down, I've only seen it twice, but it seemed to me to be exactly the same show I saw on Grandeur 5 years ago. To be honest, I think the lap dancing and grinding in the "Sexy Legs" contest is probably racier. :) Still a fun time though!

As the OP noted, Dave Chapman is not the CD on the Explorer right now. And he really amped up the Quest with the music and strobe lights. I guess Jimmy runs it differently.

For those who think that the identity of the CD doesn't matter .....................

As the OP noted, Dave Chapman is not the CD on the Explorer right now. And he really amped up the Quest with the music and strobe lights. I guess Jimmy runs it differently.

For those who think that the identity of the CD doesn't

matter .....................

Good point about being a different CD. Never thought about it that way. Jimmy did do a very nice job and really interacted well with the audience.

I really only had 2 little complaints. I think that the crew should really monitor ages at adult only shows. There were multiple little kids (5-8 year olds) at the Quest.

That is the job of the parents.

We are on the Explorer in less than a month. We have always brought a 24 pack of water with us without any problem. I have read on some ships they are taking it away. Did you see anyone bringing water onboard?

Glad you had a good time, we love the Explorer!

I brought a 24 pack of water on Ex on 7.17. I put it in a carryon and brought it with me; I didn't want to give it to the porters because I didn't want the bottles to break in transit (they seem flimsy). They didn't even ask to open up my luggage when it went through the scanner.

• 4 weeks later...

Since when is "The Quest" a family event? We have cruised the Explorer each January for the last three years, including this past January, and in every cruise compass that advertises "The Quest", it is listed as ADULTS ONLY, not only on the front page, but also in the actual listings. Did Royal Caribbean change "The Quest after what happened this past January?

By the way, it is not just a parent's job to disallow their kids at and adult event, it is the staff's job. When I last contacted Royal Caribbean about it earlier this year, they agreed.

Archived