Best Sunset/Sunrise View/Paradise

Can't speak for sunrises, but the best place I found for sunsets was the sun deck (where the jogging track is). Your view is completely unobstructed, unlike the Lido deck, where you may have to battle with the lifeboats. Only thing is, while there are not that many folks around (might be a bit cool and certainly windy!), the number of people are few. The best sunset we saw was while we were at port in Ensenada. Either everyone was still in port or getting ready for dinner, but we had the sun deck almost to ourselves. (I think there was one guy up there with a camara) It was lovely to stand at the rail and watch the sun sink slowly into the sea.

We did try to catch the sunset the next day, Thursday, but we were on the Lido deck at that time. Plus, because the ship is going so slowly and doing all kinds of twists and turns to stay at sea, so you might end up "chasing the sun" as it moves from one side of the ship to the other. I think running around the deck, chasing the sunset as the ship turns, would kill a bit of the romance! Also, there were more people up on the sun deck on our day at sea specfically watching the sunset, so you have to share.

So, I would opt for Wednesday evening, sun deck. Then you can always leave the ship and go into Ensenada for a romantic dinner before returning to the ship!

Enjoy and best wishes!

Archived