Leaving in 13 days-FOS eastern route

Quick questions. I know I've seen this addressed before but can't find the post. Are there irons in the rooms on FOS? Also, do you schedule MTD prior to departure? What beach in St. Thomas- Sapphire or Secret Harbor? Where to go on Orient beach for jet ski rental, good food and fun atmosphere? I can't wait for this since we planned it over a year ago! It's a first cruise for all of us in our group of 11 ages 9-77!

You couldn't hae picked a greater ship for a first cruise. Be careful, tho, you may become addicted.

I can't answer about the beaches, but i do know that there are no irons on the Freedom or any other RCI ship. If you take one, it will be confiscated until you disembark. if you need something pressed, it is half of the cleaning price, so a blouse might be $2.00 for pressing. I don't worry about wrinkles when packing. When we get on the ship, the first day, I send out anything I hae to for a pressing. Usually get it back the next day or day after that, and they do a great job. It is never that much since I take tees and stuff like that.

We book MTD when we book our cruise. I would do it early so that you are sure you get it. Seems like more and more people love it. With a big group, i would also make reservations for seating each night.

Have a great time, and Bon Voyage

Quick questions. I know I've seen this addressed before but can't find the post. Are there irons in the rooms on FOS? Also, do you schedule MTD prior to departure? What beach in St. Thomas- Sapphire or Secret Harbor? Where to go on Orient beach for jet ski rental, good food and fun atmosphere? I can't wait for this since we planned it over a year ago! It's a first cruise for all of us in our group of 11 ages 9-77!

When we got off the Freedom in May we passed by the table of all the confiscated irons.....must have been 50 of them....:eek:

If you didn't specifically ask for MTD when you booked it is unlikely you can get it now. You can try see the Maitre D when you board and ask if you can be changed, but don't get your hopes up because it's a very popular thing and it fills up almost immediately and usually has a waiting list. We have another cruise booked for November the couple going with us were not able to get MTD.

When you get to Orient Beach (when facing the water) go to the right (towards Club O), the prices will be cheaper for drinks/food/umbrella/chairs, etc.

Just a heads up since this is your first cruise. Parts of Orient Beach are a nude section. My husband and I walked the length of this beach and stumbled on this. It just so happens that we saw a jet ski rental in the nude section. I'm sure there's a rental area in the other section. Even though we sat in the "clothing" section (so to speak), there are people that sunbathe topless. Just a thought if you have children on this trip and are worried about that sort of thing. My husband didn't mind a bit....Have a great cruise. The Freedom is an awesome first ship to sailaway on.....we'll be waving from the webcam!

My family/friends and I did this same cruise 7/4-7/11. Had a great time. On Coco Cay, some rented jet skis and also parasailed. They really enjoyed these. (Booked ahead online, since fills up fast) At St.Thomas as soon as we could get off the ship, we took a taxi to Megan's Bay (my all time favorite caribbean beach) and relaxed for 3+ hours. There is no snorkeling, but we don't snorkel. We were there before it got crowded. Then we shopped back at the port. (pretty good shopping here) I went to Sapphire Beach once, but did not really like it. Have never been to Secret Harbor. At St Martin, we again immediately took a taxi to Orient Beach and located ourselves at the Bikini Beach area. Again just relaxed for 3+ hours before heading back to the port for a little shopping. The shopping at this port, however, is very limited (unlike the port at St. Thomas). If you really want serious shopping ask to get out in town (I think Front St). We did not see any full nudity, just some toplessness. You must walk all the way to the end of the beach (Club Orient) to see the nudists. Could a nude person walk by you? Yes, but this is not the norm. Enjoyed Orient Beach, but Megan's Bay still my favorite. However, I prefer St Martin over St. Thomas, if I were to vacation there.

We are on the same cruise... husband and two teen boys 16 and 17. It is their first our second. Someone on a different thread just came back from the Eastern route and offered to scan in the cruise compasses. If you are interested in them, please e-mail me at jtomachek@wi.rr.com. Welcome aboard!

Could you email me a copy? I am on the Aug 15th sailing too :) disneybrat67@yahoo.com

Archived