Miracle from NY

canes20

We are looking at booking on the Miracle out of NY in April 2011. Its only stop is in Bermuda? What do you think of 3 days in one port? We really enjoy the days at sea more than port days, but I just wanted opions on what people thought about being in 1 port for 3 days. We have never been to King's Wharf so it would be a new place to visit.

Thanks for your thoughts.

We are booked on her sister ship the Pride sailing out of Baltimore in October 2011 to Bermuda. We have been to Bermuda before (20 years ago) lol. We usually prefer lots of sea days. but from what I recall and what I have read, spending most of the time docked in Bermuda is wonderful. Lots of people swear by it and repeat year after year. I can't wait to go back to Bermuda. This time we have a VS Suite booked as last time we were on RCCL and just had a port hole. I am sure you will find lots to do on this beautiful island.

We are looking at booking on the Miracle out of NY in April 2011. Its only stop is in Bermuda? What do you think of 3 days in one port? We really enjoy the days at sea more than port days, but I just wanted opions on what people thought about being in 1 port for 3 days. We have never been to King's Wharf so it would be a new place to visit.

Three days at King Wharf can be fun but not really hot in April. Also have plans for the Kids Bermuda is not really known for their kids activities.

We just sailed on the Miracle out of NYC and had a great cruise. Nothing beats cruising out of NY past the statue of Liberty. On our cruise we had four sea days a bit to many for my liking. Years ago we sailed out of Boston to Bermuda and loved it. LIke the prevous poster stated you'll leave bermuda wishing for 3 more days.

We LOVED three full days in Bermuda, but would never go in April. Kings Wharf and the whole island is BEAUTIFUL!!!! We could have been docked there a week and still loved it. Our balcony room was the best on the island!

Our first visit to Bermuda was on a land-vacation in December, some 20+ years ago. On that visit, I went swimming, although I'll admit the water was pretty cold even for this CT Yankee.:eek:

We've cruised there several times on Princess & Celebrity since then, usually in the Sept/Oct timeframe. We'll be returning in Sept of 2011, on Carnival this time, which will be a first for us. I'm sure we'll have a great time!:cool:

Here's a link to some Bermuda monthly temperature averages which might prove interesting.

Go to: http://www.bermuda-online.org/climateweather.htm

Went on the Miracle to Bermuda 2 years ago. I've done 20+ cruises and have to admit that was my least favorite. The days at sea were ok - there were a couple days the wind was soooo strong we couldn't even go outside. Seas are rough also compared to caribbean. I was not impressed with Bermuda. I can say 'been there done that' but won't go back. Not much to do. Hey, look at it this way, a cruise is a wonderful vacation no matter what way you look at it. The port in NY was very organized and had no trouble.

Went on the Miracle to Bermuda 2 years ago. I've done 20+ cruises and have to admit that was my least favorite. The days at sea were ok - there were a couple days the wind was soooo strong we couldn't even go outside. Seas are rough also compared to caribbean. I was not impressed with Bermuda. I can say 'been there done that' but won't go back. Not much to do. Hey, look at it this way, a cruise is a wonderful vacation no matter what way you look at it. The port in NY was very organized and had no trouble.

I'm assuming that was off season, in April?

• 4 weeks later...

We are also booked on the Miracle for April 21, 2011 sailing. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not much of a beach person, and being from upstate NY, we will be going from winter snow, (yes we've had 2 foot storms in April), to a sunny beach will be great. When the temp is above 35 degrees, that's warm to me. lol. I'll definitely miss my 2 horses, 4 cats, dog, rabbit and 9 chickens (oh and the rooster). My DD and DS will be caring for them for the week we are gone. The trip is for our 25th anniversary. I can't believe we made it this far. At times, we weren't so sure.;)

Archived