taking my motorcycle .....?

sooooooo.....how the heck do ya cruise for 7-12 nights by showing up at the pier with enough luggage and your scooter??? (How ya get everything there?) I see you would save money on parking (kind of).....you wouldn't have to pay at the port, but ya darn sure are paying for having your scooter on the ship. They obviously allow "foreign" plates in each country. They must make arrangements with the local authorities allowing this.

Well March leaving out of Bayonne, it's cold, I wasn't riding to the port more than I had to, and specially not from MD. ;) There is a self storage place near the port that I purchased a spot for my truck/trailer at (as suggested by someone on CC) for less than folks were paying at the terminal for just 1 vehicle, then in the AM I dropped my wife and ALL the luggage off at the terminal and went to the storage, unloaded the bike and rode it back to the port for loading on the ship. Met with my wife in the terminal and we went onboard then. Reverse it when we got back. I described the arrangement with locals a couple posts back.

I think the group some people are referring to is HOGS ON THE HIGH SEAS they have rallys and they all take their bikes with them on the ship. They take them off and on at ports. Sounds really cool though I've never had a chance to actually see it.

I think the group some people are referring to is HOGS ON THE HIGH SEAS they have rallys and they all take their bikes with them on the ship. They take them off and on at ports. Sounds really cool though I've never had a chance to actually see it.

Wrong, Hogs on the High Seas does NOT take their bikes on the ship....

Thanks for the info on how you pulled that off. I am sorry I didn't see another thread on how you actually did that. I looked on this thread and didn't see anything there.

I knew you had to have driven to the port #1, and #2 I knew you couldn't have brought strictly a motorcycle to the port.

Have a safe trip on your next cruise........

Thanks for the info on how you pulled that off. I am sorry I didn't see another thread on how you actually did that. I looked on this thread and didn't see anything there.

I knew you had to have driven to the port #1, and #2 I knew you couldn't have brought strictly a motorcycle to the port.

Have a safe trip on your next cruise........

No the info for tags in other countries I had earlier in this thread, not getting to the port, sorry if I confused that.

Mike, No idea how you would go about setting it up but we were getting off a cruise ship in FL one time and there were about 50 motorcycles being loaded on. Must have been a special group but maybe you could hook up with something like that. Good luck! :)

I'm certain it was a special group. We're sailing Freedom next March and it turns out that there's going to be a very large group of bikers on that sailing (approx 1800 of them). They advertise on their travel site that 30 lucky passengers will be selected to bring their bikes with them. That's sure not very many with that sort of group and obviously it had to be pre-approved as a group perk for them to get even that.

So I wouldn't hold your hopes up too much to get your bike on that ship.

This is the group that arranges motorcycle groups. I think they have a limit of 35. I saw them load and unload on our 2008 Freedom cruise and there will be another group on Liberty group in February.

http://www.cruise-eta.com/harleycruise.htm

I've never ridden a motorcycle and have no plans to, but that looks like a LOT of fun!

I've never ridden a motorcycle and have no plans to, but that looks like a LOT of fun!

My wife and I have been cruising for many years and riding a Motorcycle for even longer, doing our first Motorcycle Cruise in March was the best ever of both worlds. It's an entirely different way to see the islands, hang with some locals and see things that most cruisers will never see. I've tried renting bikes on the islands, after looking them over I wouldn't trust them, the scooters are even worse. :eek: Having my own Motorcycle that I know is safe and reliable, makes it that much better.

http://www.cruise-eta.com/harleycruise.htm

It's fun watching them reload the bikes. They have a ramp and the riders have to get a good speed going so they can go up the ramp. We also saw them while we were in St. Maarten to ride as group.

Archived