Pre-cruise hotel recommendations needed!

Sunshine required

Hi there,

We are in the process of booking our next cruise on Navigator of the Seas departing Civitaveccia (Rome, Italy) on 17th July 2011.

Can anyone recommed us a hotel to stay in for just one night before embarkation?

There will be 8 adults and 1 three year old. Basically all we will be doing once arriving is heading for hotel to drop our belongings and then probably have a stroll and look for somewhere to eat our evening meal, head back to the hotel for an early night and in the morning just head for the ship.

Any help appreciated! :)

I would think so but looking for advice. We would be flying into Rome so would we be best staying overnight in Rome and travelling to Civitavecchia the following day to embark? Or would we be best flying into Rome and immediately travelling to Civitavecchia for overnight stay?

:o

I would think so but looking for advice. We would be flying into Rome so would we be best staying overnight in Rome and travelling to Civitavecchia the following day to embark? Or would we be best flying into Rome and immediately travelling to Civitavecchia for overnight stay?

:o

Oh my, you might want to check out a map and get your bearings before deciding on this. When you fly into "Rome" you are actually quite a ways out of town near the coast. To get to the historic area of Rome(within the old walls) it is about 30-40 minute drive inland. Civitavecchia is up the coast from the airport about 40-45 minutes.

Cost is a huge factor for many people as it is not cheap to get from A to B in Italy (unless you take the train). Not sure this would appeal to you with luggage and a 3 year old. Doable - yes Pleasant - ???

I would suggest you decide how important it is to see Rome. To me there is no big decision.... Rome is amazing and my favorite place. But for one day, with a big group and a small one.....it might just be easier to go to Civi and rest and enjoy before you start your cruise.

Keep reading as much of the info here as you can...... it will help you decide what would work for you the best. Have a great trip !

Thanks Texancruzer!

I think we will aim to stay the night in Civitavecchia since the whole point of us staying one night pre-cruise is to relax, unwind and take it easy after long and stressful travelling. So we can enjoy our first night onboard having been rested.

We were all on a cruise last year and one of the stops was Rome so we have all been before, albeit not seen everything we wanted to but I’m sure we will have plenty chance again.

So anyone recommend any hotels/restaurants in Civitavecchia??

Archived