Local bus schedule from Florence to Fiesole

starwhite2

During my short time in Florence in November (5.5 hrs.) I want to take the bus to Fiesole to see the Roman ruins. Does anyone have a link to the schedule? I looked in my notes - I think it's #7. It's only 5 miles to Fiesole. Mille Grazie.

I think this is the link you are looking for: http://www.ataf.net/en/ataf.aspx?idC=2&LN=en-US

ATAF's new website is really user friendly, and in English! If you look under "timetables and routes" you can put in the #7 and see all of the schedules. There is also a route planner you can use to identify point-to-point options.

EuroCruiser,

Once again you have helped me. However...I got to Bus #7, I got the schedule of stops and the times. When I click on English, it reverts to a big webpage. No problem. I'll stay with Italian - it's evident enough. Click on mappa, and this big map comes up with blue Arno River but no bus lines.

So I painstakingly put in each bus stop on maps.google.com

It appears to me the bus leaves from La Pira which is a little to the n.e. of the Accademia - ok, so I will walk from the parking lot in Sante Croce to Accaemia (where the bus is dropping us from NCL).

It looks like the bus stops at Venezia - Hotel de la Pace and Piazza de la Liberta. It's going n.e. Then it curves around Cavalcavia delle Cura and goes for a bit on Viale de Mille. Somehow it gets on "Volta 01" which is Viale Allesandro Volta which curves around heading n.e. to Fiesole.

When I went to the English and put my wishes on "show route on travel planner," it swiches over to Italian and says "data non disponible per il giorno selezionato".

I did learn that the fare is 2 euros, you can pay on the bus, validate and it's good for 70 minutes.

Is there a way you can show me how to get a map of the bus stops?

Mille grazie.

EuroCruiser - it worked. I've got a map printed out of La Pira bus stop, n.e. corner of Piazza S. Marco, a print out of schedule, and a print out of the map from Firenze to Fiesole, with all 21 stops. When I return, I'll just go to La Pira and walk to Museo Archeologico which is 2 long blocks in a southwesterly direction. That was a good website.

The bus to Fiesole (#7) actually starts/stops right near the train station. On this linked photo there is a light colored X in the lower right corner. The bus in the image is very close to the stop. In Fiesole, there is only one stop and it is but a very short walk to the roman ruins.

The bus to Fiesole (#7) actually starts/stops right near the train station. On this linked photo there is a light colored X in the lower right corner. The bus in the image is very close to the stop. In Fiesole, there is only one stop and it is but a very short walk to the roman ruins.

I wonder if something has changed with the new schedules? The current schedule on the web site has the #7 starting at Piazza Marco, and it doesn't go near the station.\

Edited to add

I just checked the ATAF web site again, and to go from the train station (Santa Maria Novella) to Fiesole it routes you on either the 1A or the 17 to the 7, so I guess they've changed the routes and the 7 no longer begins at the train station.

I wonder if something has changed with the new schedules? The current schedule on the web site has the #7 starting at Piazza Marco, and it doesn't go near the station.\

Edited to add

I just checked the ATAF web site again, and to go from the train station (Santa Maria Novella) to Fiesole it routes you on either the 1A or the 17 to the 7, so I guess they've changed the routes and the 7 no longer begins at the train station.

You are probably correct. The ATAF paper map I was looking at is 1½ years old.

Archived