Mini Suite on Fascination

Grandeur

We've always sailed RCCL with regular balcony or royal family suite balcony.

This is our FIRST cruise with Carnival.

According to my TA:

I understand the view is NOT obstructed. I see the balconys are kind of enclosed. Do you still get a decent view?

Do they have table and chairs on balcony?

Is the bed a Queen? Pullout single or double?

You've probably seen that there has been mixed reviews. Does she look as worn as I've read? Is the stateroom clean and updated?

Did you travel with children? If so, how was the kids program? It appears that the childrens center is on the same deck. Did you see a "kiddie" pool for the smaller kids?

It also seems that the location of these suites is convenient to getting around.

Did you feel very much rocking being in the front of the ship? We always try to be mid ship except for the RFS on RCCL. Would NEVER do that again. We were in the back and the Voyager rocked like crazy.

Any points you care to share with me?

I really appreciate your input.

Hi!

First thing I can tell you is it won't even compare to the family suite! lol.

The view was GREAT. They are not obstructed at all. The only thing that I didn't like was they're RIGHT by the steps that lead from promenade to the forward of the ship, so pulling into port and such, there's a lot of people walking by your balcony. On the other hand, it's nice to have a private spot where you can see what you want without fighting.

They do have 2 chairs and a table on the balcony. It's a little tight, but you can make it around. They're the white plastic $5 Walmart chairs and table...you know?

The bed was 2 twins together. Roomy. The comforter was fabulous! The ship was a little dated, but not offensively so, I didn't think. I was very open minded going on this trip, knowing she's an older ship. The decor was a little tacky, but fun at the same time. The stateroom was kept very clean, and our steward, Katarina was great. You'll probably have the same one.

We did not travel with children, although we do have 2. How many are you bringing? Our sofa was not a pullout, I don't know if next door was...There was a kiddie pool, and there were children on our trip, all were having a wonderful time.

The location is WONDERFUL. Right down the hallway out to the deck. Great! Once past the atrium, you're right outside. I did love that. I will say I did notice a little more rocking on this cruise, but I was also told the seas were rough, so I couldn't tell you if it were because of the location of the stateroom or just the way the waters were. I will try to get the photos of the ship I took and the balcony uploaded someplace you can look at them...I didn't get many, my camera broke in Cozumel :( Just to give you an idea. While we were pulling into Coz, I took some shots of the Ecstacy, which is very similar to the Fascination, so you can kinda get a general idea of what's around.

I hope this helps you, and if you've got any other questions, or I missed something let me know! I hope you have a great trip!

Try this, I don't know if I did it right or not, there's only 9 pics, but it might give you an idea. One thing I did forget to mention, is our cabin was below the gym...sometimes people dropped things on the floor and woke us up. It wasn't awful, and I'd book the room again.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=270935857&ran=20010

nevermind. didn't work. I'll try something else.

How 'bout this?

http://community.webshots.com/user/lrizit

Wow, the pictures were great. Again, I love hearing/seeing first hand.

Somthing else that comes to mind is the bathrooms? Okay?

How did you find the public rooms? I read somewhere there are only hand dryers in the public rooms...they just let the paper towels run out. Did you find this? (A couple people in our group - of 48 - were turned off by this).

Glad to hear you would still book the same cabin. We are traveling with a group. In our suite will be our sons, 13 and 3. It only sleeps 3 so the oldest is booked in another room to get him on the ship then he will be with us of course. Sounds like we'll be tight if the sofa doesn't open up. We'll wing it though. Should be a nice family get away.

We do have realistic expectations first of all going from RCCL to Carnival and also going from the newer mega ships to an older smaller one. I hear the small ones have their own little advantages. The smallest we've been was Grandeur and Monarch. As long as the kids are happy and entertained and the food is good..............we'll all be happy.

Originally we selected V4 which is on the other side of the steps which we liked having a 3 yr. old. I think I'll make that change. At least our hallway won't be packed....

Thanks again for your input. It is really helpful!!!

Sure, I hope they helped with things I was having a hard time explaining. I don't remember there being any major bathroom "issues", but I can't remember the paper towel/dryer status. I'm sorry. They were all kept clean.

You'll probably be a little tight in the cabin with 4 of you, but it'll be manageable.

There are a lot of differences between the bigger and the smaller, but in some ways I kind of liked the Fascination better...certainly easier to navigate. I think with kids it'll be wonderful. You won't spend so long walking the halls. I found the food on the Fascination better than our first on the Victory.

It's so nice up there, quiet, sometimes you feel like you're by yourself. You'll have a wonderful time!

Hi, sorry! Went out for a bit.

There was not a tub in the cabin, only a shower. There was a fridge, but it wasn't very cold. It's under the tv, and the shelf where there are 500000 martini/wine glasses behind a rolling door.

and I'm Lrizit@yahoo.com, in case you've got any more questions and I miss you here!

Archived