Grand Pineapple Beach Resort or Jolly Beach Resort???

jakesmommy

We will be stopping in Antigua on our next cruise (never been there before) and was trying to decide between a day pass to the Pineapple beach resort or the Jolly Beach resort. We will be traveling with 4 adults and 2 children under the age of 2. Looking for awesome beach and drinks. Which is the better decision???

I don't know about Jolly beach but we sure did like Pineapple Beach and they had about all the exotic drinks I could think of including a rum punch dusted with fresh ground native Nutmeg that was without equal (IMHO).

Here's more: http://www.lifeiscruising.com/antigua

this place sounds like what we are looking for, Please answer a few questions.

Do we bring our own towels?

How far of a taxi ride?

How much should 2 people expect to spent on taxi each ?

Thank For Your Help

this place sounds like what we are looking for, Please answer a few questions.

Do we bring our own towels?

How far of a taxi ride?

How much should 2 people expect to spent on taxi each ?

Thank For Your Help

We brought towels with us from the ship but I think they would have had towels available. It's about a 30 minute drive and I'd plan on about $20 with tip.

What we bought was a "day pass" to this all-inclusive resort. In effect we were guests of the hotel for the day and enjoyed all the amenities including food and drink that hotel guests do

Hey Chris

I have a quick question about Pineapple Beach. We were on the resorts website and they stated that flip flops and shorts were not allowed in any of their restaurants, is this true?

Thank you in advance

We wore both and if they were snickering at us we sure didnt pick up on it...no wait, I saw lots of people in shorts and swim suits...it's right by the beach like you walk from the beach right to it.

• 2 weeks later...

cruising on the serenade christmas eve. we looked at the pineapple beach site and jolly resort as well. one difference that i noticed immediately is that for the same $50. pineapple gives you lunch as well as breakfast. otherwise they both look awesome. can someone who's been there lately chime in please.

I just cruised Cleebrity 2-12-05 Constellation. We went to Castaways which was the same beach as Jolly Harbor( I think, since I saw signs for Jolly Harbor Resort). I think Pineapple Beach is the Allegro resort, and next door to Sandals. I would not go to Jolly, the food was poor aand the beach was OK but no shade and the bar did not appear to be a happening place.

Archived