Toulon things to do

antharah

We're stopping in Toulon on our cruise in October. We haven't scheduled any excursions...wondering if there is enough to do in Toulon. Or thinking of taking the train to Cassis but is the train station close by to everything in both Toulon and Cassis? I'd appreciate any suggestions as we've never been to Europe!

My notes for Toulon say that the city market is on Sun (only day I checked as that is when we are there0 until noon); Cathedral is open 2:30- 7pm hmmm- that doesn't seem right on a Sun so will have to go back to Toulon tourism , which you can do also.

Follow the link to the most wonderful Toulon pictures and write-up by Daliflor - a couple of threads below yours - I was thinking Toulon would be a less interesting port day, but wow! I hope you enjoy it.

Hi,

I'm not sure what your interests are, however we were a group of 6 friends on our first trip to Europe. One of our stops was also in Toulon. We arranged a tour with provencesightseeing.com. Eva was our contact and guide. We had a GREAT time. We had arranged for her to pick us up at 12pm and she took us to a Medieval Village and then to a vineyard tour with wine and olive oil tasting. We had a blast and Eva was wonderful.

Two thumbs up, with a snap!!

Darlene

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am going on a cruise in mid-october with my will-be-husband for our honeymoon. I don't want to travel far from Toulon because we're flying to Barcelona from Canada the day before. I was hoping to find some things to do. I am excited about exploring Mount Faron and the market, but other then that I can't find much.

I would like to rent a small sail boat with a skipper (my fiance and I can crew) or try our hands at scubba diving. I looked into catching a rugby match but it doesn't appear as though anyone is playing that day. I've read that there are lots of places to rent boats or take boat tours but I can't find much online.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Do you know of any rental companies?

Archived