A Friend In Berlin Tour Co.

Sominex

This tour Co. is also known by Jo Eckardt?

Yes it is, SOM.

Jo Ekhardt is the owner of the company. As I mentioned on a previous thread, we used this company for our tour of Berlin, with return transportation from Warnemunde, this past June, and they were great in every way, at a very reasonable price. The driver was excellent, as was the guide. I would highly recommend them!

Sam

Yes it is, SOM.

Jo Ekhardt is the owner of the company. As I mentioned on a previous thread, we used this company for our tour of Berlin, with return transportation from Warnemunde, this past June, and they were great in every way, at a very reasonable price. The driver was excellent, as was the guide. I would highly recommend them!

Sam

Thanks Sam; we're going to book with them. Any highlights you would recommend that you saw or didn't see but wished you had?

How is the drive on the Autobahn, is it very busy? Was Jo your guide?

Does the driver pick you up right at the ship; I assume the guide meets you in Berlin? Questions, Questions....lol

Cheers,

Som

No problem...ask away.

We were picked up just as we got off the ship...the driver held a sign with my name on it. We were there on a Monday, and yet the autoban did not seem busy at all. I don't remember the driver's name, but he made very good time...we had one stop about half-way to use facilities and get coffee/cold drinks. The guide was excellent...his name was Ofir...had no problem answering any questions we had...he has a great personality and we enjoyed our time with him.

We found it amazing how a city that was almost totally devastated during WWII has been so extensively rebuilt that you would hardly know, unless told so. There are lots of reminders though of its not so ancient history, with small sections of the Berlin Wall left standing, Checkpoint Charlie (now just a little outpost in a busy intersection), and the Brandenburg Gate. I think we saw pretty much everything we wanted to see in the six hours we had in Berlin...Jo had previously sent us a suggested itinerary and we didn't deviate very much. I can't really say what specific highlight was of greatest interest...just viewing the city with its famous landmarks, having lunch at a bakery-type eatery, walking some of the streets, made the experience entirely worthwhile...we were all glad we had invested in the 5-hours of travelling there and back to see Berlin.

Good luck!

Sam

No problem...ask away.

We were picked up just as we got off the ship...the driver held a sign with my name on it. We were there on a Monday, and yet the autoban did not seem busy at all. I don't remember the driver's name, but he made very good time...we had one stop about half-way to use facilities and get coffee/cold drinks. The guide was excellent...his name was Ofir...had no problem answering any questions we had...he has a great personality and we enjoyed our time with him.

We found it amazing how a city that was almost totally devastated during WWII has been so extensively rebuilt that you would hardly know, unless told so. There are lots of reminders though of its not so ancient history, with small sections of the Berlin Wall left standing, Checkpoint Charlie (now just a little outpost in a busy intersection), and the Brandenburg Gate. I think we saw pretty much everything we wanted to see in the six hours we had in Berlin...Jo had previously sent us a suggested itinerary and we didn't deviate very much. I can't really say what specific highlight was of greatest interest...just viewing the city with its famous landmarks, having lunch at a bakery-type eatery, walking some of the streets, made the experience entirely worthwhile...we were all glad we had invested in the 5-hours of travelling there and back to see Berlin.

Good luck!

Sam

Thanks again Sam; these boards are amazing ...

Som

I should add, and this has been stated by others on this board, that there is only so much you can see in 6 or so hours...Berlin is a large city, and there is a lot to see...so, you will not have too much time to linger at any one location. Your guide will do his/her best to keep you moving along. The tour will give you a fairly good general overvue with at least a couple of opportunities to get on your feet for a closer look. If you have any specific interests, let Jo know so she can put together an itinerary that suits you best, given the time constraint.

Sam

I should add, and this has been stated by others on this board, that there is only so much you can see in 6 or so hours...Berlin is a large city, and there is a lot to see...so, you will not have too much time to linger at any one location. Your guide will do his/her best to keep you moving along. The tour will give you a fairly good general overvue with at least a couple of opportunities to get on your feet for a closer look. If you have any specific interests, let Jo know so she can put together an itinerary that suits you best, given the time constraint.

Sam

Thank you Sam, we do realize that 6 hours will only give us an overview but not sure if/when we'll ever get back so will leave it to Jo & Co. to educate us.

Som

Archived