Shore Excursions

Fraydel

:rolleyes: Hi--I am going on The Valor to the Western Caribbean. I have been told that it is wise to book a shore excursion for Belize and Roatan through the cruiseline as these are third world countries and not safe to tour with locals. Does anyone out there agree with this or is it overreacting?? Also, I would like to just go to a beach for a relaxing day without scuba, snuba, diving, tubing, snorkeling....Just relax and read a book at the beach. It seems there are no tours that will just transport you to the beach without charging $$$$ to dive, swim, catamaran, etc. A travelk agent told me that the cruise lines have bought the rights to the beaches and attractions and you can only book through them to get to certain places. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I booked independently in Belize through Belizecruiseexcursions.com for my cave tubing tour. I had no problems at all and the tour was fantastic! The tour operators and every other person I encountered on my 1 and 1/2 trip out into the Belizian countryside were nothing by kind and I felt very safe. My reservations were handled professionally. I have not gone to a beach in Belize but it is much cheaper and, although the cruise line would like you to believe it's very dangerous, it's not.

Oh, and Roatan is my favorite island and I felt safe there too. The people were fantastic and we booked independently there to at http://www.santewellnesscenter.com

Have fun!

Archived