Grand Cayman

brown99

Please suggest as to what to do from 8 am to 4 pm on Grand Cayman? 2 teen boys, mom & dad. We reviewed all of the excursions, but stingrays and turtles don't sound exciting. Is it worth it to take an excursion to 7 mile beach with the bus, chair, and umbrella included? Would it be better to try to take a cab and get a day pass from one of the resorts if we want a "beach day?" Also, how does the water taxi or water transfer from the ship work while in port....does it take long, and how often do they run? (Carnival)

The stingrays come up and eat out of your hand. You go out to a sandbar and are in 3-6 feet of water. I think the teenagers would really like it. The stingrays are like cats, they rub against you hoping for food. (Never did the turtle farm). The other times I was there we scuba dived.

RCCL the tenders ran every 15-30 min, took 15-20 minutes to get out to the ship from the dock. Only about 10 min from ship to dock. They were running 3 tenders so one at the ship, one waiting for that one to leave (just floating by the ship with people on it) and one at the dock. If it got full enough it would leave before a half hour. But we were also the only ship in port that day.

(I always book my excursions from shoretrips.com, we have had times where weather caused the excursion to be canceled and they refunded the total cost to our CC before we were back home from the cruise. Most of the 10-15 times we used them we ended up with a tour group of 10 or less, at least 7 times we ended up with a private tour. Me, my wife and the guide) Never had any worries about making it back to the ship on time.

• 9 months later...

my suggestion - you book a 'swim with the dolphins' and a trip to 'sting ray city' - together and save - they won't take direct bookings from cruise guests - so you will have to say your staying at a hotel like westin, marriot, ritz carlton -

my suggestion - you book a 'swim with the dolphins' and a trip to 'sting ray city' - together and save - they won't take direct bookings from cruise guests - so you will have to say your staying at a hotel like westin, marriot, ritz carlton -

Do you think maybe they already took their cruise,look at the date

Need a beach recommendation for family of ten, 6 adults, 2 teenagers and 2 3 year olds. in Grand Caymon? We want to spend a day at the beach when we get off the ship.

Thanks

Archived