Does anybody else find it funny

That people always want to know what the weather will be like on there cruise . Before you flame away I am not an idiot I know we can give a general idea its the caribbean . The Fall will be one way with a chance of hurricanes. Winter another way.

But come on , I mean they said partly sunny with a chance of late day storms at my house today. I thought great get up get the yard mowed do some yard work:mad::mad: I get up its already raining looks like rain all day and they still are saying partly sunny:eek:

Some people seem to think there is a cruise crystal ball of weather or did I miss that thread:D

That people always want to know what the weather will be like on there cruise . Before you flame away I am not an idiot I know we can give a general idea its the caribbean . The Fall will be one way with a chance of hurricanes. Winter another way.

But come on , I mean they said partly sunny with a chance of late day storms at my house today. I thought great get up get the yard mowed do some yard work:mad::mad: I get up its already raining looks like rain all day and they still are saying partly sunny:eek:

Some people seem to think there is a cruise crystal ball of weather or did I miss that thread:D

Or what are the seas going to be like?

I have to play both sides of the fence here. I understand the caribbean is not going to be as warm from Nov-March and it is probably going to be hot and humid April-October.

Here is where I understand some of the questions come from. I am from the southern tip of Illinois and have no idea what the weather is like lets say for the Miami or the Bahamas. If I am going to CocoCay in December, I MIGHT want to know if I can expect to be able to swim comfortably without freezing to death. I live no where near a beach and know the water here in October is not warm enough to swim but not there. This is why I might ask the weather for that area (and did about three years ago when we went to CocoCay and did get to swim with no problems ;) ).

Tim

I have to play both sides of the fence here. I understand the caribbean is not going to be as warm from Nov-March and it is probably going to be hot and humid April-October.

Here is where I understand some of the questions come from. I am from the southern tip of Illinois and have no idea what the weather is like lets say for the Miami or the Bahamas. If I am going to CocoCay in December, I MIGHT want to know if I can expect to be able to swim comfortably without freezing to death. I live no where near a beach and know the water here in October is not warm enough to swim but not there. This is why I might ask the weather for that area (and did about three years ago when we went to CocoCay and did get to swim with no problems ;) ).

Tim

See, that's funny, because living in Wisconsin, I know it's going to be warm in Miami or the Caribbean anytime I go, and it would have to be pretty cold for me not to swim at the beach. What's warm enough for me might be too cold for you, though. Some people won't swim when it's in the lower 70s--to me, that's perfect!

The guaranteed weather will be: Increasing light toward morning with a chance of sun, clouds or rain, and increasing darkness toward evening. Overnight expect darkness to continue, with clear skies, some clouds or possible rain. Sea conditions are expected to remain wet, with some wave action.

Eric

I mean I do remember our first couple of cruises checking the weather and seeing rain forcast for every day. But I have read and just recent , where people want to know 4 months out if they will have 85 and sunshine all day.

Like I said here in Ohio our weatherpeople cant tell me 2 hours from now what to expect.

See, that's funny, because living in Wisconsin, I know it's going to be warm in Miami or the Caribbean anytime I go, and it would have to be pretty cold for me not to swim at the beach. What's warm enough for me might be too cold for you, though. Some people won't swim when it's in the lower 70s--to me, that's perfect!

I agree we lived in Kenosha most of our lives. 14 years ago the 70's-- in the Caribbean was perfect. Now we live in Texas and it's in the 100 to 108 range and the 70's-- is a bit cool to us. Good thing here is no MOSQUITOS or SNOW!.. I must say I do miss the ice fishing. Now I go to the freezer fill up a glass with ice, make a drink and go out to Huck's for fish....

Almost Mosquito Free (VERY LITTLE SNOW)

Earl

My favorite question is always "how much money will I need?" My sister will spend several thousand on the ship, while my onboard account is about $50.00. So it really depends on your spending habits.

My favorite question is always "how much money will I need?" My sister will spend several thousand on the ship, while my onboard account is about $50.00. So it really depends on your spending habits.

How about "Are the beds comfortable?"

I'm constantly amazed that people's expectations can be so out of line with reality. They chose a sea vacation over a land vacation, but then want it to be perfectly flat, with no movement. They want the absolute quietest cabin location, but won't bring earplugs. They'll lug cases of water around, but won't bring a tiny water filter to get the same results.

Archived