Batting Cages

Partyatsea

Maybe they are not there but on Day 2 Eastern Dailies...........................4:00PM Batting Practice........Sports Court

That makes sense since the sports court is in fact a cage. Same space they use for basketball, skating, and I guess for batting pratice at different times.

I noticed they were in the dallies a couple days and I had every intention of make it up there to participate but something always came up. I was assuming they set them up on the basketball court. I have no idea whether it's softball or baseball or fast pitch or what not. Sorry I don't have more info.

• 1 month later...

There ARE batting cages. They are only set up on port days so my daughter did not use them. I spoke to a couple of crew members who said they only open then while in port to keep the use down. They feel that there would be too much interest if they opened them during "sea time"

Pasting from my cruise notes:

The batting practice on the sports court is real. They only do it on port days from 11 or so until 1, so I only was able to check on it when we went to Cozumel the second time. They have batting helmets, and the bats were 32 in/22 oz. aluminum. The pitching machine was set to “as slow as it could be to get it to the batter in the air,” maybe 50-55 mph. Wasn’t that hard for this slow pitch softball player to get in some good cuts.

(end paste)

I know they exist, first hand. If you want it bad enough to cut short your time in a port, it will be there, likely with no waiting.

Archived