Celebrity Summit-Dec 11, 2010-Independent Tours

Kruz Guys

Does anyone have recommendations for independent tours at the ports on the Celebrity Summit cruise departing San Juan on Dec 11, 2010 with stops at:

San Juan

St. Croix

St. Kitts

Dominica

Grenada

Tobago

We would be interested in joining a small group or helping to put one together.

Thanks

Kruz Guys :D

We loved the Summit and cruising out of San Juan.

I can recommend Levi's tours in Dominica. This is my review:

Dominica: We booked a tour with Levy of bumping tours. We had Levy for our guide and most thought this was the best of the islands we visited and excursions. Levi picked us up a few minutes after the cruise ship docked so we could beat the Cruise excursions going to the same places. First stop was Titou Gorge (where they filmed Pirates of the Caribbean II). There was a short hike back to the Gorge, but not strenuous. Levi warned us that the water was really cold and it was. We were all given swim belts and told the water was around 15 feet deep as we went into the cave. Inside there was a ledge we could climb up on and another waterfall was deeper in the cave if you wanted to climb up another ledge to get to it. When you looked up you saw the opening in the sky. Next, we went to Trafalgar Falls, which means twin water falls. Here you took a short hike up to a platform to see the twin water falls and if you wanted, you went down to the mineral pools, (this was where you climbed over the rocks) to get to the pools, which were like a hot tub, extremely warm and very nice. Levy was very nice and helpful to those of us who needed help climbing over rocks or getting in the water and through it. At the end we went to Champagne Reef for snorkeling. Dominica is a very beautiful island, but the roads were really bad and slow going everywhere. There are not many beaches since it is a volcano island and the water is not clear and blue like most of the Caribbean islands. The beach we went to for snorkeling at the Champagne reef was very rocky. Excellent excursion and can highly recommend. Cost is $47 with snorkeling or $40 without

http://www.bumpiingtours.com/

dominica2-1.jpg

dominica7.jpg

PC130217.jpg

Summit:

cabin.jpg

ship4.jpg

Grenada: I did some research trying to find an all inclusive resort, using trip advisor, etc. and found Rex Grenadian Resorts. We had used their sister property, Hawksbill in Antigua last year and loved it, so knew this would be a good place to go. I called the hotel directly and got information on pricing then sent an email to Marcia, who was very helpful in accommodating our party of 11 and arranging for a taxi pickup from the ship. Their phone number is 1-473-444-3333. You can send an email to Marcia at grenguestsvs@spiceisle.com The cost is $50 per person all inclusive, room for the day was $60 (which we split by the group and paid cash); taxi was $20 for first 4 people and $4 pp after that, each way. I believe the beach is called Tamarind Bay. The resort is just a few minutes from the cruise pier and is very beautiful. We hung out a lot at the pool so we could be close to the bar, which made excellent drinks. I think the lunch was around 12 or 12:30 and it was set up buffet style. Be sure to leave yourself plenty of time to return to ship because we arranged for the taxi to pick us up at a certain time and he was late so the hotel had to get someone else to take us back, making us get back later than we wanted.

We loved the Summit and cruising out of San Juan.

I can recommend Levi's tours in Dominica. This is my review:

Dominica: We booked a tour with Levy of bumping tours. We had Levy for our guide and most thought this was the best of the islands we visited and excursions. Levi picked us up a few minutes after the cruise ship docked so we could beat the Cruise excursions going to the same places. First stop was Titou Gorge (where they filmed Pirates of the Caribbean II). There was a short hike back to the Gorge, but not strenuous. Levi warned us that the water was really cold and it was. We were all given swim belts and told the water was around 15 feet deep as we went into the cave. Inside there was a ledge we could climb up on and another waterfall was deeper in the cave if you wanted to climb up another ledge to get to it. When you looked up you saw the opening in the sky. Next, we went to Trafalgar Falls, which means twin water falls. Here you took a short hike up to a platform to see the twin water falls and if you wanted, you went down to the mineral pools, (this was where you climbed over the rocks) to get to the pools, which were like a hot tub, extremely warm and very nice. Levy was very nice and helpful to those of us who needed help climbing over rocks or getting in the water and through it. At the end we went to Champagne Reef for snorkeling. Dominica is a very beautiful island, but the roads were really bad and slow going everywhere. There are not many beaches since it is a volcano island and the water is not clear and blue like most of the Caribbean islands. The beach we went to for snorkeling at the Champagne reef was very rocky. Excellent excursion and can highly recommend. Cost is $47 with snorkeling or $40 without

http://www.bumpiingtours.com/

dominica2-1.jpg

dominica7.jpg

PC130217.jpg

Summit:

cabin.jpg

ship4.jpg

Grenada: I did some research trying to find an all inclusive resort, using trip advisor, etc. and found Rex Grenadian Resorts. We had used their sister property, Hawksbill in Antigua last year and loved it, so knew this would be a good place to go. I called the hotel directly and got information on pricing then sent an email to Marcia, who was very helpful in accommodating our party of 11 and arranging for a taxi pickup from the ship. Their phone number is 1-473-444-3333. You can send an email to Marcia at grenguestsvs@spiceisle.com The cost is $50 per person all inclusive, room for the day was $60 (which we split by the group and paid cash); taxi was $20 for first 4 people and $4 pp after that, each way. I believe the beach is called Tamarind Bay. The resort is just a few minutes from the cruise pier and is very beautiful. We hung out a lot at the pool so we could be close to the bar, which made excellent drinks. I think the lunch was around 12 or 12:30 and it was set up buffet style. Be sure to leave yourself plenty of time to return to ship because we arranged for the taxi to pick us up at a certain time and he was late so the hotel had to get someone else to take us back, making us get back later than we wanted.

Thank you for the great information and the pictures. Sounds like a wonderful day.:D

Does anyone have recommendations for independent tours at the ports on the Celebrity Summit cruise departing San Juan on Dec 11, 2010 with stops at:

San Juan

St. Croix

St. Kitts

Dominica

Grenada

Tobago

We would be interested in joining a small group or helping to put one together.

Thanks

Kruz Guys :D

I can recommend this tour company for St. Kitts. A group from our roll call got together and filled both of their vans for the Island Tour. Was very good, saw beautiful places and not rushed at all.

http://www.roseandjimstaxi.com/ourtours.htm

Thanks for the tip; this sounds like a great way to see this island and the price seems really reasonable. Kruz Guys are you in??

Sounds pretty good to me. I'll check with Tom.

By the way I will post some findings tomorrow of independent tour information I have found for the various ports we will visit. (The information is at home right now).

Thanks.

Stephen

home email: stephenandtom@att.net

I got this reply from Royston Island Tours and wanted to share the information with you in case you might be interested. Sounds pretty interesting and inexpensive.

KruzGuys

===============================================================

From: Royston Island Tours SKB [mailto:roystontours@hotmail.com]

Took the web site down to do something different.

The minimum number of people is 2.

These are the rates for the day... 2 people $60 each, 4 at $40 each, 6 at $30 each, 8 or more at $25 each.

That includes everything drinks lunch entrance fee and you would circle the island and see everything -romney manor, caribelle batik, brimstone hill fortress, black rocks, the peninsula, Basseterre - the capital, and lots of other scenic and interesting places. you can also stop at a beach (snorkel) if you want.

also do forest and volcano hikes.

Lunch is roti... a wrap with potato, mild curry, spices, and a choice of beef, chicken, conch or veggie. I would pick it up at a restaurant and have at a beach.

This is how to meet me if you want.. as you get on the port you go through a big open building and I would be on the other side facing you with a sign of my name and wearing a yellow shirt. and my cell is 869 663-4529 you can take just in case. a lady at the reception building would make a call for you.

you pay after the trip, cash or travelers check.

I can add another couple if I get to make it cheaper if you like.

• 1 month later...
Dominica - Nature isle explorer( Its a must, highly recommended)

St Kitts - Taxi to Cockleshell and Lions Rock

Thanks for your information. Have come up with some nice explorations in Dominica and St Kitts since I first posted. Appreciate your response however. :D ;)

Archived