Plus size - post pictures of your dresses please

mollymoo12

I totally agree! Love that dress!

I just ordered this dress yesterday, even though we don't cruise until next September. I wanted to order it before they sell out of my size, as they often do on Igigi.com. Check their sale dept. too, they have some gowns marked down. http://www.igigi.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/694x901/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/e/s/estrella-front1-1.jpg

I got one of their little bolero things to go with it. I can wear it with my other black cocktail dress I am taking too. Now just to find some striking jewellry. I can't believe I have my dresses already. I agonized for months last cruise. I am tall, so it is hard finding gowns that are long enough.

Wow!! Love your dress.

I got 2 nice dresses (one even with sparkles) at Fashion Bug. They aren't online anymore, or I'd post the link. One is a black halter, with bias cut (that one has the sparkles) and the other is a sleeveless dress in a turquoise with black straps, bust line fake sash and some slight pleating. I just tried them on today and they do fit. Black shoes for both, and a nice pantsuit, I'm set! My cruise is 12 nights.

I also like to check out http://www.onestopplus.com It. lets you shop the various larger size sites from one website.

Don't worry if you have a sleeveless dress (both of mine are). I just have a shawl/wrap/shrug if I want to cover my arms, or feel chilled.

Have fun shopping!

I know I was in the store to look at curtains and I said to my husband do you mind if I look at the dresses for a sec and then I saw it and first thought someone must have put this in the wrong section and then I looked at the tag. My husband saw my face and was like go try it on and when I showed it to him he said okay lets get it. He knows how hard it is to find a cute formal dress in my size.

That is a gorgeous dress ! I love the color !

Hello Ladies, I have a dress that I would like to share with you all to get your opinions. My problem is I'm not sure how to do it. Is anyone willing to talk me through it. I could really use your help. Thank You.

Rhonda

Edited by windham depot
spelling errors

Hello Ladies, I have a dress that I would like to share with you all to get your opinions. My problem is I'm not sure how to do it. Is anyone willing to talk me through it. I could really use your help. Thank You.

Rhonda

I take it this isn't a dress you found online, where you can post a link to it? If it is, open a post to reply and click the globe icon above where you paste the URL to link to the photo you found online.

If it isn't, you have a picture you can take, with camera or cell phone and get it onto your computer. Then you can post it to one of the free photo posting sites. I use photobucket. Upload the picture to their site and copy the link they give you for "direct link" (that's photobucket's terminology anyway). When you have the direct link, click on the yellowish icon that looks like a postcard above where you type the text for your post, and it'll bring up a box where you can paste the direct link. Then a photo of your dress will show up in the post.

Okay Ladies, I need your opinions and hopefully this works and you receive the pictures. It's the same dress in 2 different colors. First I would like to know if you think this dress is formal enough for Formal Night and second if you like one color better than the other. I think I prefer the blue over the green. It also comes in navy as well but, my husband didn't like that one as much. Please help!!!!!!! Thank you.

Rhonda

0503_63988_ma_0004.jpg?wid=269&hei=387&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1

0503_63988_mm.jpg?wid=187&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1

Rhonda, those are definitely dressy enough for formal night! The style is in fact similar to one of my formals, although your dress is longer so even "dressier".

I like the blue one on the model. Her blonde hair doesn't look right with the seafoam green color. Your coloring (I'm guessing that's you with dark hair in your picture) would be great with either.

Rhonda - I loved the turquoise blue one as well - that being said probably depends on your coloring! so what shoes/accessories? :D

Hi Froufie Thanks so much for your input. I haven't figured out the accessories yet, I have a very nice Sapphire jewelry set that I will probably wear. Shoes are a big problem for me but, I was thinking something silver, blue or black might be nice and because of foot difficulties they'll have to be low heeled dress shoes.

Rhonda

its long and for sure you want to dance in that gorgeous dress so get those little ballerina slippers they come all sparkly and if you have feet like mine the wide widths help.

i saw some on sale today on roamans or onestop like 5 or 6 bucks i get their emails.

you ladies all look so wonderful and all your dresses are beyond beautiful , im fluffy and have always just been the single mom ,im considering really dressing up for the dinner now so my kids can see me dressed up atleast once heheheehe.

It also pays to keep an eye on the outlet at Coldwater Creek. I have ordered a few dresses there recently during some great sales. Several of these aren't really formal, but I like them to wear to dinner on more casual evenings. The Caribbean always makes me want to wear dresses! CC carries many of their dresses up to size 24. They are always nice quality fabric and are usually fully lined.

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/product-detail/52033/58161/indigo-print-mesh-dress.aspx?colorid=994&refLink=outlet-dresses.aspx&Skn=outlet

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/product-detail/52080/58160/textured-a-line-dress.aspx?colorid=404&refLink=outlet-dresses.aspx&Skn=outlet

I am considering this one for a formal night, as it has beading and sequins, a bit dressier:

http://www.coldwatercreek.com/product-detail/49476/55410/floral-jacquard-dress.aspx?colorid=317&refLink=outlet-dresses.aspx&Skn=outlet

I'm tired of shopping at the malls but afraid to order on line, It might not fit well

I'm also afraid to order something online. I went to the major department stores and looked at their formal wear and tried on a number of the dresses. Unfortunately, the ones that looked good on the hanger made me look pregnant. :-( I've lost some weight since then, but we'll go back to the same stores and find something that will look good on me in a few more weeks.

What I did use the 'net for was determining what styles I liked overall and sending links to those to my mom so she could see what style I liked.

!B6kQRwQBGk~$(KGrHqIOKnMEy15K7Ib5BM))5ML,1g~~0_12.JPG

I've been lurking on ebay for months looking for a formal dress for our cruise next month, and I finally found something! Got it for $13!! It obviously needs to be pressed, but I'm so excited. A nice pair of silver heels and a wrap and I will be ready to go!

!B6kQRwQBGk~$(KGrHqIOKnMEy15K7Ib5BM))5ML,1g~~0_12.JPG

I've been lurking on ebay for months looking for a formal dress for our cruise next month, and I finally found something! Got it for $13!! It obviously needs to be pressed, but I'm so excited. A nice pair of silver heels and a wrap and I will be ready to go![/Quote]

love the dress! I also got my dress on ebay, paid $15 for it. Posted a pic earlier in the thread.