Plus size - post pictures of your dresses please

mollymoo12

I like them both and am considering the little black number. Although, we went to Aruba last year and I already have cocktail dresses. As a matter of fact, I have a dress similar to this one:

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Abstract-Print-Tie-Back-Dress.aspx?PfId=202655&DeptId=19952&ProductTypeId=1

but mine has a white background with soft greens, blues, and a little of yellow hues. Its a spandex cotton like material that almost feels like silk. (OK I'm not a fabric or fashion genious.) and I am wondering if that would be ok for the second formal night or if perhaps I should just bring that for dinner on the other nights? Carnival cruiseline.

Thanks!

Ali

I have another dress just like this but in a deep navy blue but without the flowers, just a gather of fabric. Is this dressy enough? I know alot of you say formal wear long gowns....well finances have changed and if I can use what I have then why not I say. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a formal!

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Floral-Applique-Empire-Dress.aspx?PfId=195821&DeptId=20438&ProductTypeId=1

and again...thank you

I like them both and am considering the little black number. Although, we went to Aruba last year and I already have cocktail dresses. As a matter of fact, I have a dress similar to this one:

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Abstract-Print-Tie-Back-Dress.aspx?PfId=202655&DeptId=19952&ProductTypeId=1

but mine has a white background with soft greens, blues, and a little of yellow hues. Its a spandex cotton like material that almost feels like silk. (OK I'm not a fabric or fashion genious.) and I am wondering if that would be ok for the second formal night or if perhaps I should just bring that for dinner on the other nights? Carnival cruiseline.

Thanks!

Ali

I have worn gowns and real fancy cocktail dresses for formal night. I have noticed many people who don't necessarily dress up during formal nights. I don't think these dresses are too dressy but I definitly think that they will be fine for formal night.

This was a dress I wore on Princess and Carnival. I won it for $20 on ebay.

168191_1541112213080_1393184174_31159544_5227651_n.jpg

This was also another ebay winner, I think $30

BG

I have another dress just like this but in a deep navy blue but without the flowers, just a gather of fabric. Is this dressy enough? I know alot of you say formal wear long gowns....well finances have changed and if I can use what I have then why not I say. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a formal!

http://www.avenue.com/clothing/Floral-Applique-Empire-Dress.aspx?PfId=195821&DeptId=20438&ProductTypeId=1

and again...thank you

I actually looked at that one, I was just worried it would be too flowy and make me look bigger. :mad: I really like it and don't think you will be underdressed.

• 3 weeks later...

MissColtsLover, I saw that dress on a couple of different sites and was going to purchase and they did not come in my size. :(

I ended up buying this: http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing/Glamorous-double-layer-pants-by-Candlelight-and-Champagne.aspx?PfId=52394&DeptId=9304&ProductTypeId=1

There is currently a 40% off promo code on the home page.

I'm considering getting the matching top, but I have a white lace flowered print long sleeved top with multi-colored sequines I bought at Catos that will work well with it and a silver flowered jewerly set to dress it up.

I weeded through all of the pages to get some ideas about my upcoming cruise (first time) in June. I am currently hovering between a size 20-22 (recently lost 50 lbs).

A month ago, I purchased my dress - in a size 18 - sort of as an incentive to continue losing weight. I just hope I don't get smaller..well I do, but you understand? At any rate, I wondered if my dress would be "suitable."

It has already been revealed..back in January. It was this dress..0305_59788_mm.jpg?wid=230&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1

I too was worried about the glitter at first - and it definitely does shed. But, I am a very plain Jane type of girl. I have makeup from 2 years ago :rolleyes:. At any rate, these are the shoes that I will be wearing with the dress and I absolutely LOVE them.:D

audrey-brooke-dsw-evening-shoes-valentine-pump.jpgThey are my splash of color to make the dress even more fun. I figure this is something that I do not normally do - so, why not do something different?

I do wonder, though, if I should get an additional dress. Perhaps a long one? We will be sailing on the Carnival Legend in June on a 7 night cruise so we will have 2 "elegant" or "formal" nights.

Any opinions?

I weeded through all of the pages to get some ideas about my upcoming cruise (first time) in June. I am currently hovering between a size 20-22 (recently lost 50 lbs).

A month ago, I purchased my dress - in a size 18 - sort of as an incentive to continue losing weight. I just hope I don't get smaller..well I do, but you understand? At any rate, I wondered if my dress would be "suitable."

It has already been revealed..back in January. It was this dress..0305_59788_mm.jpg?wid=230&qlt=95&op_sharpen=1

I too was worried about the glitter at first - and it definitely does shed. But, I am a very plain Jane type of girl. I have makeup from 2 years ago :rolleyes:. At any rate, these are the shoes that I will be wearing with the dress and I absolutely LOVE them.:D

audrey-brooke-dsw-evening-shoes-valentine-pump.jpgThey are my splash of color to make the dress even more fun. I figure this is something that I do not normally do - so, why not do something different?

I do wonder, though, if I should get an additional dress. Perhaps a long one? We will be sailing on the Carnival Legend in June on a 7 night cruise so we will have 2 "elegant" or "formal" nights.

Any opinions?

I think that dress is beautiful! Where did you find it? Those shoes are super cute too!! And where did you get those??

That dress should look good on you though. I like how it has wider straps and it's not too low cut. I'd love to find something like that for my upcoming cruise.

I think that dress is beautiful! Where did you find it? Those shoes are super cute too!! And where did you get those??

That dress should look good on you though. I like how it has wider straps and it's not too low cut. I'd love to find something like that for my upcoming cruise.

I purchased the dress online at Avenue. It is currently around $69 dollars, I believe - but I do google searches for coupons. I just typed in "Avenue coupon codes" and got a code for 50% off. I paid $35 for the dress including shipping because when I purchased it they had free shipping on all purchases.

The shoes I purchased online as well, at DSW. They are sold out of the hot pink (I managed to find a tie for my husband to match the shoes PERFECTLY - so that was exciting) but they do still have the same shoe in red. It is called "Audrey Brooke Valentine." They weren't as good of a price as the dress - I paid $60.00 for them, but I was able to get a coupon for free shipping - so that saved an extra $7.00.

I love the dress - I can currently wear it - zip it up all the way, etc. But...I still have a bit to go for it to look the way I want it to haha. I also wanted something that I did not have to wear a lot of shapewear under and this was perfect for that. I have large..umm..well let's just say the top looks very nice. I am currently a 40DDD and the dress top minimizes the appearance of that.

Good luck!

Any opinions?

Your dress is really beautiful and the shoes will certainly be the "POP" factor!!!;)

Do post a picture after your return from your cruise.

Happy cruising to you!!:p

okay, I know that it has been a while...nothing like getting back from a cruise and getting really sick and then having to do a month of overtime to put you a little behind.

I thought I would post pictures from the real cruise. We went to Disney before that birthday and they had sequined Minnie ears that just had to be added to the big Birthday outfit. I also had the lime green dress altered to a tea length for the first formal night.

Sorry they are a little blurry...obviously I didn't take them;)

1691909558_clipblackdress.jpg.70f81d7365f88d89ac608b38c78e2090.jpg

1177061969_clipblackgreen.jpg.7b3ef41cbcf3691ebe82de1804d2b222.jpg

I snoozed.. and I lost :( I LOVE that silver dress, but they don't have it anymore in my size :(

Are you talking about the silver sparkle dress that I posted a few days back? That is such a bummer! It is definitely a GORGEOUS dress. However, I am sure that you will be able to find one that you love just as well.

I am still trying to find ways to keep the glitter attached to the dress, though :p For now - it leaves a trail where ever it goes, lol.

Are you talking about the silver sparkle dress that I posted a few days back? That is such a bummer! It is definitely a GORGEOUS dress. However, I am sure that you will be able to find one that you love just as well.

I am still trying to find ways to keep the glitter attached to the dress, though :p For now - it leaves a trail where ever it goes, lol.

Yep, that's the one! I've got to keep my eyes open a little more!

I have no suggestions on the glitter, though. :( But at least it's a fun trail!

• 3 weeks later...

Posted this on the other dress thread, but seeing how I'm plus size it might benefit me more to post here.

LOVE this dress. Can't try it on b/c its online only and no returns :(. The price tag is $350:eek:.

I do love it though......what to do?

thumbnailasp.jpg

Posted this on the other dress thread, but seeing how I'm plus size it might benefit me more to post here.

LOVE this dress. Can't try it on b/c its online only and no returns :(. The price tag is $350:eek:.

I do love it though......what to do?

thumbnailasp.jpg

That dress is very pretty - where is it from?

I'm probably older than most of you but thought I'd share my plus size dress. I used a sheer black wrap to hide my upper arms for the pictures.

45482_1566318884793_1440032501_1537850_8024590_n.jpg

Just wanted to comment...you look very nice , love the dress!! oh, and were still freezing in ohio too!!

Brooke, I saw your trip review on the main Carnival board, and I just wanted to tell you how cute your outfits turned out. And your formal pictures that you posted were beautiful! You should post them here.

As far as the green dress goes, I am not a fan of green, but if you like it, why not? Go for it! I spent almost that much on a dress for our upcoming cruise, and I figure if I love it, and it makes me feel beautiful it is worth it. Besides, I will wear it for at least two cruises, maybe more, and get my money's worth. The way I see it, DH will be the only one who has seen it before, and he doesn't care! Lol! Plus my other dress is a $20 ebay find, so it averages out. lol!

Brooke, I saw your trip review on the main Carnival board, and I just wanted to tell you how cute your outfits turned out. And your formal pictures that you posted were beautiful! You should post them here.

As far as the green dress goes, I am not a fan of green, but if you like it, why not? Go for it! I spent almost that much on a dress for our upcoming cruise, and I figure if I love it, and it makes me feel beautiful it is worth it. Besides, I will wear it for at least two cruises, maybe more, and get my money's worth. The way I see it, DH will be the only one who has seen it before, and he doesn't care! Lol! Plus my other dress is a $20 ebay find, so it averages out. lol!

Thanks. I'll have to post them back over here. You can't really see the dress though. I guess you can tell I went with the short black dress instead of the long one, lol.

I'm hoping this next cruise that I will get more pictures of my outfits. My friend wasn't a camera person, put a damper on things.

Green isn't for everyone, but with my auburn hair and pale skin......green can really pop on me......blue too. I'm still thinking about it, but I just won a $100 from a shop in my town that sells formal wear, so I will see what they have.

You can't really see the dress, but I went with a short black version of the longer one I showed in my Cruise Fashion Post:

CruiseProfessional2.jpg

The pearls worked out well I think:

cruiseprofessional1.jpg

I officially hate this red dress......ugh.......it looked better in my pics I lose most of my figure in the baggyness of the upper part. In the picture on Avenue it looked much more fitted. I should have fixed that before I left.

SAM_0117-1.jpg

IMG_4381.jpg