hotel in Miami

Kaydub

I've been going crazy trying to book a hotel for about $125 or less for April 14. Nothing on the recommended sites yet for the downtown hotels. We finally just booked a Red Roof at the airport. I intend to keep searching but wanted something booked in case. Anyone know this motel?

Thanks.

Linda

Here are a couple more for you all to check out:

Residence Inn by Marriot, 1201 NW LeJeune Road, Miami, FL 33126

Hampton Inn & Suites, Miami Airpot/Blue Lagoon, 777 NW 57th Ave (Red Rd), Miami, FL 33126

Both are in good convenient areas by the airport and both have very good ratings by travelors. You might be able to get good rates below $150.00...Just remember Miami Hotels are pricey overall.

***Please avoid at all costs*** Rodeway Inn, Airport North - they advertise low prices and claim they are renovated with new rooms but they are a "flea bag" hotel period and the area is terrible!

***Also avoid*** - unless you like this type hotel for ummm "romantic reasons ;)" Executive Airport Hotel literally right across the airport - its a well known locally "no tell hotel" - the type with heart shaped and themed rooms (get my drift?!) - its been there for decades and its notoriously known as "Cheaters Hotel" LOL!

Puggo-Thank you so much for your reply. I will search them out right now. I'm finding out the Miami hotel scene is very expensive and I'd rather put my money into enjoying the Epic.

Heard the same thing many times about Rodeway.

Linda

MattnDJsMom, you posted you are staying in the Beacon Hotel. That hotel is smack in the middle of Ocean Drive where "all the action is" and you are in the heart of South Beach sorrounded by restaurants, bars, and other hotels - its definitely not a "quiet spot on a quiet street!" - its right across the beach too - so no car needed. I have never stayed in that hotel but all hotels in that area have very good sound insulation based on what I have been told by others - so outside noise in the room shouldn't be an issue.

Rosey1946, Miami is an expensive city period! I read people complaining about the EPIC and its "automatic gratuity" regardless of level of service - well kids - welcome to South Beach where almost every restaurant is over-priced and there has automatic gratuities included in the bill!

Wait - I just thought of a very good hotel I have stayed in right behind Lincoln Road its called Cadet Hotel: www.cadethotel.com its quaint, very nice and reasonably priced for the area - it has a super location walking distance to Lincoln Road and the beach (its not on the beach though). The negatives is the pool is teeny tiny and it has no private parking so I wouldn't recommend bringing a car

Puggo63 - you seem to know quite a bit about the area and location of these hotels. What's you opinion of the Crowne Plaza Z Ocean Hotel in South Beach? Nice hotel, nice area? Everything within walking distance once you're there? I'd imagine I need to cab it to the port - are taxis abundant in the area?

I live in Miami and spend a lot of time in Miami Beach so I am pretty familiar with the areas. I know exactly where the Crowne Plaza Z Hotel is ( I didn't know Crowne Plaza owned it wow), its right off of 17th street which is the entrance to Ocean Drive on South Beach and the Hotel is on Collins ave - there are no ocean views that I can see and the hotel is not that tall either. It looks good from the outside with very interesting architecture and I think it has a rooftop pool too. The views might not be good though - there's an empty side lot, Collins Avenue (a busy avenue) or another condo right across the street on Ocean Drive - unfortunately. The best thing is the location - you have everything near by and the beach is just steps away and you are away from the noise and madness of Ocean Drive.

To answer the questions about taxis - they are EVERYWHERE on South Beach!

Thanks Puggo63. Because Z Ocean Hotel is listed as a Crowne Plaza property on their website, I can use points to stay there for free! Regular price is something like $300 a night so I'd say its well worth using points for this stay. I know I'd be better off staying at a Crowne Plaza near the airport (or Holiday Inns) so that I could use their airport shuttles and even port shuttles if they have them, but the location of the Z Ocean seems too good to pass up. I will only be in SoBe for that 1 night so I want to be in the middle of it all, even if it's just for 1 night.

The location of the Z Hotel is actually fantastic - you can walk to everything and, since you are at the entrance of Ocean Drive - you don't have to deal with the music blaring from the bars and restaurants and the hordes of people on the side walks but if you want to see that just walk a block or two down Ocean Drive on the other side of your hotel!:D

• 1 month later...

.....to see if I could get the Intercontinental for 1/7/11. It came up right now as $166 for the night. Can I assume if i wait longer the price might go down into the $85-90 range? I've never used LMT before.

:confused:

wasiii

• 1 month later...
Go to www.lastminutetravel.com and seach for a hotel down-town and select 5-Star. You should see a hotel for around $84.00... It is the "Intercontinental Miami"... The way you will know if it is the Intercontinental Miami, is becasue if you click on "more info", you will see under the "LOCATION" section the following: Centrally located next to Bayside Market Place & Conveniently located in Biscayne Bay... Also, it will state that it has 34 floors... This is a 5-Star hotel that is one of Miami's best for only $84.00 plus tax. Can't beat it anywhere...

The only problem with this one is the parking is $34 per day additional to the $84. I am finding it really hard to find a park n cruise that isn't a dump and doesn't cost a fortune. Last year we parked at the port but that ads up to with the cost of the room the night before cruising.............:mad:

The price for the IC on LMT has been going up and down (mostly up) the last few weeks. I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving to see what they prices are, unless someone posts that the price has gone back to under $100 w/o taxes and fees. I have backup reservations at the airport and downtown just in case.

The price for the IC on LMT has been going up and down (mostly up) the last few weeks. I'm going to wait until after Thanksgiving to see what they prices are, unless someone posts that the price has gone back to under $100 w/o taxes and fees. I have backup reservations at the airport and downtown just in case.

Your dates are peak season. You keep waiting and you probably will not get a room for under $300. Book now.

Archived