what to do when at port

tmr821

No matter where you travel, you're going to hear some type of 'horror' stories. The biggest thing is use common sense! If you're going into an area of civil unrest, which includes Belize, it would make sense that you might not want to wander aimlessly with expensive jewelry and the such. If you're with a group or a guide, they are not going to take you anywhere that is going to put you in peril. Belize is attempting to build it's tourism industry and by building that industry that is going to placate a lot of the civil unrest because with tourism comes jobs. So.... no it hasn't changed my mind about getting off ship. I am going with a local tour company that has very good reviews, I will not carry my original passport (but a copy of the face page), and will have minimal cash and jewelry. Ironically, the company that runs the local tour company in Belize is US based! But you don't have to go to Belize for the horror stories, heck you can probably go to your own home city ... so caution must prevail <IMHO>:)

Archived