Monaco to Eze and back

Mrs. Mac

OK, I know this has been covered, and I've done searches, and looked at the bus website, but I can't seem to figure it out. I need to know which bus to take from Monaco to Eze and the best bus stop to catch it from. Then the bus to catch for the ride back to Monaco.

We'll be in Monaco on Sunday, Sept. 5th, sailing on the Quest.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Kim

Bus #112 goes between Monaco - Eze Village - Nice but unfortunately, according to this schedule, only runs from Monday - Saturday.

The alternative is to take bus #100 and connect to #83 (we did this coming from the other direction, Villefranche, and it worked well.) #100 runs along the coastal road between Monaco & Nice, #83 goes up from the coastal road to Eze Village. Since #83 doesn't run very frequently, it's important to have the schedules with you so that you aren't sitting at the bus stop waiting for an hour.

The Ligne d'azur website will give you the timetables for #100 and#83. (For a quick link to schedules, type the route # in the white box below "Timetables" on the right side of the page.)

There are a few stops in common for each line (from Eze-Gianton to Eze-Gare SNCF) where you can transfer between the two. The train station stop (SNCF-Eze) is probably the easiest to identify. Since 83 doesn't start until close to 10 a.m., you could take the 9:30 bus from Monte Carlo and have a short connection time for #83.

On the Ligne d'Azur site, the section titled "fares" provides info on cost (1 euro) and indicates the length of time that you can use your ticket for when transferring. Note that the schedules on the Ligne d'Azur site don't go through to Sept. 5th yet; for now, I would use the schedule for the Sunday prior.

This post gives good info on getting to the stop for #100 in Monaco. The stop he is referring to is this one (you can access bus stop maps by clicking on the white box beside the bus stop name in the Ligne d'azur schedule).

Clear as mud?;) If not, don't hesitate to ask for clarification. Good luck with your plans & enjoy your cruise (we loved our cruise on Quest!) With the length of time that you have in Monaco, I highly recommend using part of your time to go to Eze Village.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I have been searching and searching for one of the posts to which you linked because I knew I'd read it here before. Really appreciate the concise info on the Monaco-Eze Village-Villefranche-Nice bus lines.

Sometimes, the search feature brings up a lot of nonsense, and posts pleading for users to "just search for it" instead of asking again :)

You're very welcome.:)

Just a note re #100 and #112 pertaining to Villefranche .... if taking the bus from/to a stop in Villefranche, you would use 100. Although 112 goes through Villefranche, it's on the middle road (higher elevation) and too much of a hike up from the port.

Susan,

Thank You for the information. I tried entering #100 or #83 in the white box, "No lines matching what you entered have been found" came up. I'll work with it for awhile and see if I can get it to work for me. Good to know that Sunday schedules differ from the rest of the week.

Thanks again for your help.

Kim

Hi Vivien,

You're welcome. Hopefully it's not a Sunday so that you can take #112:).

Hi Susan,

No its a Tuesday, we will be on the Quest. We might take the train and then bus 83 as my DH refuses to go on a bus unless absolutely necessary!

Vivien

Mrs. Mac,

Please join us on our roll call. It's titled Quest 8/27/10. Not sure how to direct you there. There is discussion about several ports and doing them on your own. While there, maybe you can join the meet and mingle. We are very close to having a Azamara sponsored party. It's hard to believe it's a little less than 21 days until we board the ship.

MJ

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Susan,

We might take the train and then bus 83 as my DH refuses to go on a bus unless absolutely necessary!

Vivien

Bus #112 does a direct run from Monaco to Eze Village in about the same amount of time that it takes for #83 to go from Eze bord du Mer up to Eze Village. But with #83, you also have to factor in the train time and expense, plus connection time, so there isn't much logic in taking the train & bus, unless you want the experience of doing both.

You're very welcome.:)

Just a note re #100 and #112 pertaining to Villefranche .... if taking the bus from/to a stop in Villefranche, you would use 100. Although 112 goes through Villefranche, it's on the middle road (higher elevation) and too much of a hike up from the port.

How far is it? The map makes it look like it's less than a mile. I don't mind a good hike.

Also, how is the hike from Eze down to the coast? Again, it doesn't look very far on the map but the map doesn't show any roads that go directly down, only the winding road that the 83 follows.

How far is it? The map makes it look like it's less than a mile. I don't mind a good hike.

Also, how is the hike from Eze down to the coast? Again, it doesn't look very far on the map but the map doesn't show any roads that go directly down, only the winding road that the 83 follows.

From what I've read, it's not the length of the walk but the steepness that makes it challenging. The walk up from the lower road to the middle road in VF is 500+ steps. (It's a bit of a hike up just to go from the port up to the lower road to catch bus #100.) I haven't done the walk between the lower & middle roads, or the hike between Eze Village and Eze bord de Mer. The hike in Eze, from what I've read, takes about 45 minutes down, and you would want to be wearing hiking shoes.

Archived