limied mobility / disability in Dominica

shamrockace

I have two people traveling with us with limited mobility. Both can walk short distances only.

So far, this is what I've read....Can someone verify or is there something I'm missing that can be done for those with disabilities?

Emerald pool - 20 minute walk

Hot springs - 50 steps

Trafalgar falls - 15 minute walk

Twin Falls - 15 minute walk

Jaco falls - short walk on flat surface

We did the champaign snorkel last time and was looking for something else. The aireal tram is too much money. Any suggestions?

Shamrockarse:

I would contact Bumpiing tours. They have customized a tour for us in February 2011 that is going to accomodate those in our groups with limited mobility and disabilities. Levi with Bumpiing tours has gotten great reviews on here which is why we are going with him. Good luck!

:D

Be very careful in Dominica with folks who are mobility impaired. Emerald Pool and Trafalgar Falls are up and down "hikes" on what I would call unimproved trails - packed earth, no handrails, rough steps, rocks, etc. and they can get slippery if there is a shower, which there often is in the rain forest. Contact the tour guide operators and see what they recommend - perhaps the spa/hot springs, Caribe Indian Village, stop at the beach, etc.

I don't know how large your group is, but perhaps this might be an island where you split up and do different things.

Archived