Connie: Enomatics wine dispenser

Seenie

I'm reading that the Cellarmasters Wine Bar on the Constellation has an Enomatics dispenser. Tell me about it.

Is the selection of wines good? Can you get less than a whole glass? (I'd rather have 4 or 5 tasting portions.) How's the pricing done / is it reasonable?

Fill me in!

If you're excited reading about the Enomatics System then my story will be a downer! My DH was very interested in trying it out (July 3rd Baltic Cruise). Because the cruise was so port intensive, it was the last sea day when he had time. Went in the afternoon so he could go back again in the evening for another go-round.

The system seems very good and easy. There are three levels (I guess ounces) of pours with the prices showing. The cost goes right on your Xpass so there's no need to buy another card (beverage packages can't be used).

OK, we get there and ask the bartender for a glass. (DH had checked it out and knew exactly what he wanted to sample first.) In goes his card, glass under bottle, press the button - and nothing happens! Try again - nothing! Call the bar tender over who was not very nice and says DH's card isn't working. We tell him there's been no trouble with it. Bartender tries - nothing! Tries again - nothing! He uses my card - nothing! He asked us to wait a minute and then came back to say that they've been having trouble with the machine and his boss is involved in a demonstration so we'll have to come back later. As we left a thought hit me and we checked our on-TV bill and sure enough 5 $20 charges! They were easily removed after a visit to Guest Relations!

Needless to say, we didn't return! Enjoyment was gone! I hope they'll have the problems fixed for your cruise!

We hung out often at the Martini Bar - the greatest bartenders going!! But late one afternoon the bar was "leaking" - and the new Crush Bar (next to Martini) never had its strip of ice - but we did see the maintance people there often! Guess not all the new improvements are fully working! Hope things will be better for you!!

Noooo, that's not a downer, your story is funny. So typical: a neat-o gizmo that doesn't work. Except for the charge-it part.

Your DH had his selections all picked out: I assume there were some interesting wines to be had?

I promise: if I manage to tease some wine out of that machine, I'll let you know how it is.

Thanks for the tip about the martini bar. That will get a visit from me for sure!

C

They had a nice selection of wines when we were cruising. I thought pretty high cost per oz., but great for discovering new wines. I think we were offered a "special tasting" of some kind on the first day when we were touring the ship. The wine bar was one room that always had just a scattering of patrons whenever we went by.

Hi, "Seenie."

I hope that you won't consider this a "hijacking" of your thread, but I'd like to ask a question of "Fotopeg" and "eandj," since they've been to a Cellar Masters lounge.

I've been wondering if -- in addition to having the Enomatic machine -- Cellar Masters also serves wine in the more "traditional" ways (by the bottle and by the glass). What I'm really seeking to determine is whether or not a Classic Package or a Premium Package could be used to obtain glasses of wine in Cellar Masters. [i know that a Package cannot be used in the Enomatic.]

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi jg51 and Seenie ~ It interesting, but we didn't "hang-out" at Cellermasters so I can't say much about their bar. I THINK it did have wine by-the-glass and probably would have been part of the package. We did go there one evening for a demonstration of "sabering" -

removing a Champagne cork by using a saber! It was an extra fee ($10??) and included 5 glasses of champagne. It was fun – I’d seen it on TV – but the saber they used was small and not so “dramatic”! But really enjoyed the champagne!

If I remember correctly, Cellermasters was on deck 5 and, on the first day, we had really “connected” with the staff of Café a la Bacio. They also had a limited selection of wine-by-the-glass. So, if we were in that “neighborhood” we headed to Bacio for wine/flavored ice tea/special coffee - we got the max out of our beverage package. (If you’re aboard look there for Valentina – from Russia – a sweet, lovely young girl! Tell her the crazy American who didn’t want to go home says “hello”!)

Anyway, Michael’s (with Perry Grant!) and Martini were also our “hang-outs! (Sounds like all we did was drink but we did also get off the ship!!) Be at the Martini Bar when a few people order drinks and the bartender goes into his “act” pouring 3 drinks at once – great show!!

(will try to post a photo - hope it works!)

We were on the Solstice Dec, 2008 (it's third week out). To our knowledge things are still the same.

We really liked Cellarmasters and spent quite a bit if time there. At that time, you purchased a separate card for the machine, at any amount you wanted. We did $100. It was fun to try small amounts of new things, and of wines other wise available only by the bottle, not by the glass. The machine has three portion sizes to choose from.

There is also a "normal" wine menu from which you can choose glasses or bottles. They had cheese and crackers at no cost (sometimes we had to ask).

We've also been to a wine bar in Hilton Head that had the machines. They're a nice idea :)

Sara

Thanks, Sara, for the info. I like tasting, but whole bottles are just too much money and too much wine! Sounds like the enomatics card will be just the thing for me.

We go to Hilton Head often. Where's do I find the enomatics machine there? :D

Thanks, Sara, for the info. I like tasting, but whole bottles are just too much money and too much wine! Sounds like the enomatics card will be just the thing for me.

We go to Hilton Head often. Where's do I find the enomatics machine there? :D

That's exactly why we liked it!

We found this place in Hilton Head last December:

http://www.winetimes4.com/

The tapas plate and baked camembert was wonderful.

We really liked Cellarmasters and spent quite a bit if time there. ... [besides the enomatic machine,] There is also a "normal" wine menu from which you can choose glasses or bottles. They had cheese and crackers at no cost (sometimes we had to ask). ... Sara

Thank you SO much for this info, "scf1270/Sara." It's just what I had hoped someone would say, because I'd like to use a beverage package card at Cellar Masters.

Thank you SO much for this info, "scf1270/Sara." It's just what I had hoped someone would say, because I'd like to use a beverage package card at Cellar Masters.

Glad to be of help! Have learned so much on Cruise Critic, it's nice to give some back ;).

Just to be clear - the wine beverage package card would work with wine from the regular wine list/menu. I do not believe it works in conjunction with the Enomatic dispenser.

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Sara

Just to be clear - the wine beverage package card would work with wine from the regular wine list/menu [at Celler Masters]. I do not believe it works in conjunction with the Enomatic dispenser. Does anyone have an answer for this? Sara

Yes, I have read this several times (possibly even at the "X" site).

No problem, because I do not want to use the Enomatic dispenser.

Archived