Need clarification Villefrance to Eze to Nice

Travel luv

Ok, so geography has never been an easy thing for me for some reason. I have been searching through the threads trying to map out a clear plan for our upcoming trip.

We have decided that we want to visit Eze and then head to Nice to visit a local beach?? when we arrive on our upcoming cruise in September. We arrive at 10 am. So far it seems as though the bus is the better option for travel over the train? Is this true?

It looks as though we will have to take bus #100 to Eze bour de Mur and then connect to bus # 83 up to Eze village. Is this correct?

If so, how do we then get back to Nice to the local beach and then back to Villefrance?

What are the pros and cons of taking train vs bus?

Thanks so much..details and specifics from pier to all points of travel will be greatly appreciated if someone is sure of this. So far, I have been trying to piece this together, but I think I am not completely clear just yet.

Thanks

You take a bus from Eze to Nice then your friendly bus 100 back to Villefranche.

Thanks Moyaroo,

I am assuming I was on the right track with the bus choices above? I have been told by others that the beach in Villefrance is a better beach than that in Nice, so it looks like if the weather if ok, we may be going to Eze first and then back to the beach in Villefrance.

• 2 weeks later...
Eze is just a couple of stops on the local train, very easy there is a good beach at Villefranche, I don't think you need to bother with Nice if the beach is your reason for going.

Eze bord du Mer is on the train route, but Eze Village, which is the tourist destination, is at a higher elevation. From the train station in Eze bord du Mer you can catch the bus (#83) up to Eze Village.

About how much is the train and bus?

Bus = 1.00 EUR (if told first driver that you need a transfer (in French: correspondance inclus) it's included)

Train from Villefranche to Nice Ville in 2nd class: single fare 1.60 EUR.

Regards

HeinBloed

For some reason, I am finding it difficult to understand the bus and train schedules. Does anyone know how to interpret? We will be in Villefrance on Sunday Sept 19 and we will arrive at 10am.

I can help you with the schedules...where are you planning to go and in what order?

For some reason, I am finding it difficult to understand the bus and train schedules. Does anyone know how to interpret? We will be in Villefrance on Sunday Sept 19 and we will arrive at 10am.

Best is to use the sheets:

The train:

http://telechargement.ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/FH04-Mandelieu-Grasse-Ventimiglia_ete_tcm-27-41813_20100701_1705.pdf

tous les jours = daily

sauf dim = except Sunday

sauf sam et dim = except Saturday and Sunday

sauf sam et dim et fériés = except Saturday, Sunday and vacation season

sauf les sam = except Saturday

sam et sam fériés = only Saturday and Saturday in vacation season

Vacation season normally in July and August.

So 10.27 hrs from Villefranche to Nice would go on this day

But 10.57 hrs would not

11.27 hrs - would go again

just important if you do not have priority tender tickets

Now for Buses:

Bus 100 - Nice - Villefranche - Monaco

http://www.cg06.fr/cms/cg06/upload/servir-les-habitants/fr/files/100.pdf

Bus runs every 20 minutes plus 1 additional bus

http://www.lignedazur.com/horaires_arret/?rub_code=28&thm_id=&gpl_id=&lign_id=1092&sens=2&part_id=&logicalStopPoint=&localityDestID=&pa_id=8129&filtre=1&ligne=1092%242%248129&laDate=19%2F09%2F2010

Closest bus stop calls OCTROI

direction invers = opposite direction (if you need to go to Monaco)

autre ligne = other bus route

Bus 81 is also leaving for Nice.

http://www.lignedazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%2081%20%28au%2017%2005%2010%29.pdf

Bus 83 Eze transfer from Eze train station to Eze Village:

http://www.lignedazur.com/ftp/lignes/ligne%2083%20%28au%2016%2011%2009%29.pdf

Bus 82 Nice to Eze

http://www.lignedazur.com/ftp/lignes/ligne%2082%20%28au%2004%2005%2009%29.pdf

Dimance et fêtes = Sundays and Public Holidays

Regards

HeinBloed

Thanks Susan. We would probably like to go from Villefrance to Eze Village first and have lunch there and then come back to Villefrance after lunch and visit the local beach.

It looks like we will arrive in Villefrance at 10 am.

I appreciate your help.

Best is to use the sheets:

The train:

http://telechargement.ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/FH04-Mandelieu-Grasse-Ventimiglia_ete_tcm-27-41813_20100701_1705.pdf

tous les jours = daily

sauf dim = except Sunday

sauf sam et dim = except Saturday and Sunday

sauf sam et dim et fériés = except Saturday, Sunday and vacation season

sauf les sam = except Saturday

sam et sam fériés = only Saturday and Saturday in vacation season

Vacation season normally in July and August.

So 10.27 hrs from Villefranche to Nice would go on this day

But 10.57 hrs would not

11.27 hrs - would go again

just important if you do not have priority tender tickets

Now for Buses:

Bus 100 - Nice - Villefranche - Monaco

http://www.cg06.fr/cms/cg06/upload/servir-les-habitants/fr/files/100.pdf

Bus runs every 20 minutes plus 1 additional bus

http://www.lignedazur.com/horaires_arret/?rub_code=28&thm_id=&gpl_id=&lign_id=1092&sens=2&part_id=&logicalStopPoint=&localityDestID=&pa_id=8129&filtre=1&ligne=1092%242%248129&laDate=19%2F09%2F2010

Closest bus stop calls OCTROI

direction invers = opposite direction (if you need to go to Monaco)

autre ligne = other bus route

Bus 81 is also leaving for Nice.

http://www.lignedazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%2081%20%28au%2017%2005%2010%29.pdf

Bus 83 Eze transfer from Eze train station to Eze Village:

http://www.lignedazur.com/ftp/lignes/ligne%2083%20%28au%2016%2011%2009%29.pdf

Bus 82 Nice to Eze

http://www.lignedazur.com/ftp/lignes/ligne%2082%20%28au%2004%2005%2009%29.pdf

Dimance et fêtes = Sundays and Public Holidays

Regards

HeinBloed

Thanks Hein,

Sorry, but the above is not very clear to me as I can not follow the language. It looks like you have included buses to Nice, however I am probably not going to Nice. What I probably need is something more direct or clear like the train leaves from Villefrance at 10:30 and returns to Villefrance for Exe at 1pm for example.

Thanks

Thanks Hein,

Sorry, but the above is not very clear to me as I can not follow the language. It looks like you have included buses to Nice, however I am probably not going to Nice. What I probably need is something more direct or clear like the train leaves from Villefrance at 10:30 and returns to Villefrance for Exe at 1pm for example.

Thanks

I think you better ask Scotty to beam you up to Eze...

1. Villefranche is a tender port... so no idea what kind of priority you have to get you quickly ashore:

maybe high-tier past passenger...

maybe ellbow...

maybe overnight in sleeping bag to get first tender tickets...

SO DO NOT EXPECT TO GET THE 10.27 HRS TRAIN unless you really the get very first tender boat. You can offer the crew to set up the tender boat station... then you will be before 10.00 hrs at the tender boat pier.

2. You do not want to go to Nice...

O.K. - No problem the bottle neck is the bus from Eze Train Station to Eze Village:

Let's do a top down planning.

To return around 13.00 hrs from Eze you need to catch the bus 83...

You can choose

12.40 hrs

or

14.25 hrs

Let's take the 12.40 hrs from Eze as it is closer to 13.00 hrs...

12.40 hrs

you are in Eze Bord de Mer at 13.05 hrs

Roughly your are back in Villefranche around incl. max. 20 minutes waiting time around 13.30 hrs.

You need to be then before 12.40 hrs in Eze... and you need to walk a little time (15 minutes) to get to the heart of Eze Village...

Unless you just do no want to see the bus stop you might want to arrive earlier in Eze but 12.25 hrs...

So the bus ahead arrives 11.20 hrs and is leaving from Eze Bord de Mer at 11.00 hrs.

To be there you should leave the bus at 10.40 hrs from the bus stop in Villefranche... and what I am telling you in clear words: 10.40 hrs when your ship arrives at 10.00 hrs is not a mission impossible but only works if you are in the first tender boats...

The reason why I put the Nice - Eze bus schedule into my plannings which I am doing because we are soon there:

the bus service from Nice is much more frequent (not just New York City Subway... but for Southern France not bad...).

You still cannot make it to return at 13.00 hrs but are more flexible than using the bus via Eze Bord de Mer.

If you want to be back at 13.00 hrs the best would be to book a taxi.

35.00 EUR one-way in 2008.

Maybe you should do a taxi to Eze. Guess you are 11.00 hrs from the ship so you are around 11.15 hrs there. And then take at 12.40 hrs the bus back Eze Bord de Mer.

Would be good compromise to do your plans. But if you are lucky and you get the first tender boat tickets you can just skip the taxi line and take the bus towards Monaco to get to Eze Bord de Mer to transfer to Bus 83.

If you only wants to go to Eze - this is the best website to check the bus times:

http://www.webstore.fr/eze/emotions/deplacement/bus.htm

Regards

HeinBloed

Thanks Susan. We would probably like to go from Villefrance to Eze Village first and have lunch there and then come back to Villefrance after lunch and visit the local beach.

It looks like we will arrive in Villefrance at 10 am.

I appreciate your help.

Since, as Heinbloed mentions, it's hard to know how quickly you'll be tendered to the pier, I would do the following:

• Catch bus #100 at the Octroi stop in VF at either 11:30 or 11:45 and get off at Eze bord de Mer.

• Catch bus #83 at Eze bord de Mer at 12:09, arriving in Eze Village at 12:25.

Spend two hours in Eze Village, then...

• Catch bus #83 at 2:25, arriving in Eze bord de Mer at 2:43.

• Connect to bus #100 at 2:49 and you'll be back in VF at 3 p.m.

I didn't suggest using the train to get to Eze bord de Mer in the morning as the limited Sunday service looks like it would leave you with a long wait in Eze bord de Mer to connect to bus #83.

I suggest trying to familiarize yourself with the bus schedules ... let me know what you are having difficulty with and I'll explain how to navigate them. One thing I find helpful is knowing the names of the stops before the one I want to get off at ... so that you know when your stop is coming up.

Since, as Heinbloed mentions, it's hard to know how quickly you'll be tendered to the pier, I would do the following:

• Catch bus #100 at the Octroi stop in VF at either 11:30 or 11:45 and get off at Eze bord de Mer.

• Catch bus #83 at Eze bord de Mer at 12:09, arriving in Eze Village at 12:25.

Spend two hours in Eze Village, then...

• Catch bus #83 at 2:25, arriving in Eze bord de Mer at 2:43.

• Connect to bus #100 at 2:49 and you'll be back in VF at 3 p.m.

I didn't suggest using the train to get to Eze bord de Mer in the morning as the limited Sunday service looks like it would leave you with a long wait in Eze bord de Mer to connect to bus #83.

I suggest trying to familiarize yourself with the bus schedules ... let me know what you are having difficulty with and I'll explain how to navigate them. One thing I find helpful is knowing the names of the stops before the one I want to get off at ... so that you know when your stop is coming up.

Thanks Susan. You are such a great help!

Thanks. I appreciate your assistance.

To simplify your life...I think Bus 82 runs on Sunday from Villefrache to Eze and back. I am there on Sunday the following week and have been following this post. I think I clicked on a link that spoke to Sundays. There are less buses on Sun. Check it out.

To simplify your life...I think Bus 82 runs on Sunday from Villefrache to Eze and back. I am there on Sunday the following week and have been following this post. I think I clicked on a link that spoke to Sundays. There are less buses on Sun. Check it out.

You need to differ:

Bus 82 connects Nice with Eze but on the so-called Moyenne Corniche, which means on the hill.

While the tender terminal is at Basse Corniche.

You need to walk a while to get to Bus 82 as it is on another altitude than the tender boat terminal.

2008NCLJade20111Villefranche-vi.jpg

This picture is taken from the Moyenne Corniche.

You have good hiking shoes with you.

Regards

HeinBloed

That could be an option for returning from Eze Village to VF, if you don't mind walking down the steep walkways and steps, but heading to Eze Village, most people would find it enough just to walk up to the lower road (Basse Corniche) to catch #100 either to Nice to connect to a bus there to Eze Village, or in the other direction to Eze bord de Mer to connect to #83.

Out of curiosity, I asked on the Tripadvisor forum a while ago about walking up from the Basse Corniche to the Moyenne Corniche ... here's the response, "When I lived in Villefranche for a month, I used to walk up a stairway from the Basse Corniche to my apartment, which was probably two-thirds of the way to the Moyenne Corniche. It was, if I recall correctly, exactly 458 steps."

Thanks everyone for correcting my misunderstanding of the 82. I see all the details from Heinblod and Susan and will piece them together and skip 82. It just looked like some buses don't run on Sunday. I got three more weeks to figure it out:)

We will be in port in Villefranche on Sept 17 from 7 to 7pm. Since we are doing 3 private tours in Italy prior, I also was hoping to DIY to Nice & Eze and actually thought I had the bus routes planned after much research on the boards. Now my 16 yo daughter tells me she would also like to visit Cannes. Is it possible to do all 3 or would that be packing too much into a day? If so, what routes (where first?) do you recommend and what timeframes would we be looking at for each. Really trying to avoid a ship tour or private tour here and in Toulon. Also, what if any, beaches do you recommend in Toulon. We would like a nice laid back day here, maybe a nice lunch, some good wine and a beach day for our last port. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We will be in port in Villefranche on Sept 17 from 7 to 7pm. Since we are doing 3 private tours in Italy prior, I also was hoping to DIY to Nice & Eze and actually thought I had the bus routes planned after much research on the boards. Now my 16 yo daughter tells me she would also like to visit Cannes. Is it possible to do all 3 or would that be packing too much into a day? If so, what routes (where first?) do you recommend and what timeframes would we be looking at for each. Really trying to avoid a ship tour or private tour here and in Toulon. Also, what if any, beaches do you recommend in Toulon. We would like a nice laid back day here, maybe a nice lunch, some good wine and a beach day for our last port. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You would need about 1 hour by train to Cannes (it's much more faster than the bus)

07.00 hrs arrival in port

08.00 hrs may be ashore

08.26 hrs departure in Villefranche

09.23 hrs arrival in Cannes

12.41 hrs departure in Cannes

13.37 hrs arrival in Eze

around 13.55 hrs departure in Eze (Train Station / Bord de Mer)

14.10 hrs arrival in Eze-Village

15.30 hrs departure in Eze-Village by bus

16.00 hrs arrival in Nice

17.40 hrs departure in Nice by bus

around 18.00 hrs back in Villefranche

So if you like it you can do...

The bottle neck is the part to Eze. That's why I would do the order Eze as second to make sure that you have the last part in Nice and can go by train (every 30 minutes) or by bus (6 times per hour) before you might miss the ship.

Regards

HeinBloed

Regards

HeinBloed

Archived