24 HR, All-Inclusive Drink Package 411

hitch-04

Hi wotaripper.

I just phoned MSC to discuss the packages on the Aust website.

I was told that the 907 had to be booked in advance but the other beer/wine packages are available for purchase on board.

I was told that even in the "all inclusive package" there would be a charge of 15% on EVERY drink requested.:mad:

It defeats the purpose of unlimited drinks if you are charged an extra 15% for each one. Is it meant to be a deterrent?

Could someone tell me what the 411 or 412 packages are. They arent on the Aust website and the girl I spoke to knew nothing about them ( nor appeared interested in finding out )

Cheers

Skipal

It seems like no one at MSC Australia really knows what is going on.

I have an email from a person called Arancha insisting (a little rudely) that the 907 can be purchased onboard, and am currently waiting for a call back from Carla, who is checking with Italy after I suggested to her that the 907 might not be available for purchase onboard (she also initially insisted it was available) .... go figure.

Andy

Hi remi I au (Andy)

Do you still have time to book it before you leave ?

Sharon

Apparently not, the MSC lady (Carla) said it would be cutting it fine to get the docs re-issued by next Thursday (we fly out very early Friday morning Perth time) plus they want to charge $55 per person to amend the booking.

It's my fault, I should have booked it ages ago when I had the chance, I just thought I had the option (as initially advised by MSC) and I preferred to pay it later when we would be a little more "cashed up" rather than at the time when we weren't. Had I know that there was not an option to pay for it later I would have found the cash somehow.

No point crying over spilt milk ... is it Friday the 20th yet ? :D

Hi wotaripper.

I was told that the 907 had to be booked in advance but the other beer/wine packages are available for purchase on board.

I was told that even in the "all inclusive package" there would be a charge of 15% on EVERY drink requested.:mad:

It defeats the purpose of unlimited drinks if you are charged an extra 15% for each one. Is it meant to be a deterrent?

Could someone tell me what the 411 or 412 packages are. They arent on the Aust website and the girl I spoke to knew nothing about them ( nor appeared interested in finding out )

Cheers

Skipal

15% is not charged on the prepaid all inclusive packages to get the info on the 411 or 412 go to the M.S.C corporate or U.S.A website you then have to insist when you contact M.S.C that as per there web site other packages are available on request and you are requesting it as they dont seem to really know what is going on.We have booked and paid for ours for our 04.09.2010 cruise we went with the 411 as didnt really see the benefit of paying the extra for the 412 unless you are into cognac or are a real wine buff and want the more select wine with dinner.

Apparently not, the MSC lady (Carla) said it would be cutting it fine to get the docs re-issued by next Thursday (we fly out very early Friday morning Perth time) plus they want to charge $55 per person to amend the booking.

It's my fault, I should have booked it ages ago when I had the chance, I just thought I had the option (as initially advised by MSC) and I preferred to pay it later when we would be a little more "cashed up" rather than at the time when we weren't. Had I know that there was not an option to pay for it later I would have found the cash somehow.

No point crying over spilt milk ... is it Friday the 20th yet ? :D

It nearly is Andy 7 more days to go or as the kids say when waiting for santa 7 more sleeps.

Hi wotaripper.

I managed to sort it out by email late today. The 15% is not charged on pre-booked packages. The 907 can only be pre- booked and is not available on the ship.

She also sent me details of the 411 which looked great- but a bit expensive.

Im wondering what the quality of the house wines in the 907 are like?

At least the package would solve the "water " problem. Im a big water drinker- so at least I can have endless mineral water . I love wine ( especially bubbly, which is not included) but am not a beer drinker ( partner is) and will probably enjoy the non-alcohol cocktails for a change . I think well get the value out of the package .

Sharon

Hi Skipal

Did your find out what the 411 package is as I didnt see it on the Australian Web site either

I have only seen the 907 on the Australian website.

Sharon

kipal;25498257]What is the 411 package?

Hi Skipal

Did your find out what the 411 package is as I didnt see it on the Australian Web site either

I have only seen the 907 on the Australian website.

Sharon

kipal;25498257]What is the 411 package?

Hi Bramj the details of the 411 and 412 are not on the Aussie web site they come under the (other packages available on request category) both have to be pre booked and paid for before departure. For detaild go to the M.S.C worldwide or U.S or U.K websites there is a much more comprehensive list there or email me on elfman@iinet.net.au and I will forward you the email from M.S.C with the details of packages that can be pre booked from Aus.By the way I leave next friday so you need to be quick.

Hi Bramj

I got sent the details by MSC Aust. If I have a chance later tonight I will try to cut and paste the email.

They were dearer than the 907 , at $41 a day and from memory were Aud $58 and $68 pp p day. I will get back to you .

Cheers

Sharon

Hi Bramj

I just noticed that wotaripper has already offered to email them to you.

Arent we Aussies helpful - especially when it concerns alcohol!

Have a good trip wotaripper.

Sharon

Will do will do my best to make the drinks package worthwhile even if its just coffees etc. through the day though I might have to have a cocktail or 2 round the pool in the arvo.

You definitely have to purchase this package prior to the trip. I had faxed the request for the 411 package 3 weeks prior to sailing as well as request for excursions. The excursions I got, but the beverage package they said was received too late (even though 3 weeks in advance). I could not purchase on board - only the tickets are available on board.

• 3 years later...
Does anyone have experience with drink package 411? My family is debating whether to include this on our upcoming Christmas cruise on the Splendida, and it seems that the MSC website is less than forthcoming about the drink packages. Also, when calling the MSC USA cruise line number, we're receiving conflicting information (One cruise agent said yes, another said no when asked the exact same question!)

If you've purchased an MSC drink package 411 (or 412 understanding 411 doesn't include 'premium' brands):

1-Did you feel that the convenience value was worthwhile?

2-Does the drink package include drinks from the Espresso/Coffee Bar?

3-Was it difficult to get service at bars/restaurant/etc to take advantage of purchased package?

4-Did you have to purchase before the cruise or while aboard?

Any other feedback on the All-inclusive 24 hr drink package would be greatly appreciated!

We are booked onto this cruise too, first time with MSc and booked the all inclusive drinks package ( not premium) at the time of booking. Time will tell........

We are booked onto this cruise too, first time with MSc and booked the all inclusive drinks package ( not premium) at the time of booking. Time will tell........

This thread is 3 years old, so unlikely you are on the same cruise as the OP. Look for more recent threads about all inclusive packages as they have changed over the years.

Hi wotaripper.

Cheers

Skipal

Hello....I am sailing the MSC Divina Decemberf 7, 2013, from the Port of Miami, US...my TA just booked me for the all inclusive drink allegrisimo package, which is $57 American Dollars a day....and was told by MSC that everything is included from cocktails, frozen drinks, all draft and bottled beer, juices, canned sodas, wine by the glass, fresh squeezed orange juice, all specialty coffees....and the 15% gratituty of each drink is included in the price of the package.... so i am sorry but you have it wrong when you say that they are going to tack on the 15% gratuity for each drink purchased from the package....

I think we have the answers to our questions on the items available on the Allegrissimo packages. Thanks to everyone on the Boards who helped!

A few more things I'm curious about. Answers very much appreciated.

1. Can hubby take my card and his w/Allegrissimo package, go to bar and get cocktails for us to drink away from the bar, i.e., on our balcony? OR must we both go to bar to order drinks? I was thinking of taking "to go" cups to transport drinks from bar to balcony.

2. Are the same wines available at the bars as they are at dinner? Wondering if we could carry glasses of wine from bar into dining room if we don't care for selection of wines in package at dinner table.

3. Any problem having after dinner cordials with espresso at dinner table?

I think we have the answers to our questions on the items available on the Allegrissimo packages. Thanks to everyone on the Boards who helped!

A few more things I'm curious about. Answers very much appreciated.

1. Can hubby take my card and his w/Allegrissimo package, go to bar and get cocktails for us to drink away from the bar, i.e., on our balcony? OR must we both go to bar to order drinks? I was thinking of taking "to go" cups to transport drinks from bar to balcony.

2. Are the same wines available at the bars as they are at dinner? Wondering if we could carry glasses of wine from bar into dining room if we don't care for selection of wines in package at dinner table.

3. Any problem having after dinner cordials with espresso at dinner table?

1. You can normally order more than one drink, so no need for him to have both cards. Can't see why you couldn't take them to your room, especially if you are going to switch them into to go cups.

2. Don't know, I only ordered the sparkling wine at bars and the white or red in the MDR. I certainly took cocktails into the dining room a few times and another time a glass of sparkling wine that I'd not had time to drink before the seating opened. Can't see why you couldn't bring wine into the MDR from a bar, but there's a chance it will be the same wines.

3. I've never heard of after dinner cordial. To us in the UK cordial is a concentrated fruit juice concentrate that you add water to and kids drink, but I think you mean something different? Perhaps a liquer like Amaretto or Tia Maria? If it is that, unless they make changes for the Divina, the answer is no, you need to go to a bar to get that. They will occasionally come around the MDR towards the end of dinner with a liquer tat is on special, like limoncello.

Tx for all the help you have given me!....Yes,

I was referring to after dinner cordials like Tia Maria which are very common in US w espresso at table after dinner. Do you know if these are available elsewhere on ship using package? Perhaps at pastry shop or bars?

Tx for all the help you have given me!....Yes,

I was referring to after dinner cordials like Tia Maria which are very common in US w espresso at table after dinner. Do you know if these are available elsewhere on ship using package? Perhaps at pastry shop or bars?

Aha the variations between American and English English strike again! I'll remember that cordial = liquer to me,

And yes, any bar or lounge will sell them. I always have an espresso and after dinner drink each evening. They are included in Allegrissimo. I recommend the B52 (baileys, Kailua and Grand marnier layered)

Edited by AmoMondo