Help - Cabin Advice

Ayrshire Lass

We are thinking of moving up to AQ but the cabins on offer are very different so could anybody help with which would be better - 1501 - 1508 (excl 1505 that's taken) which seems to be at the front of the ship but under the gym so could be noisy.

The other cabins available are 1636 and 1641 which are way at the back of the ship but apparently have an "overhang" - does this mean we would get no sun? Also is movement worse at the back of the ship?

I've tried looking on the Sticky for cabins but there is some conflicting advice there.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Liz :)

I recently booked two AQ cabins (1531 and 1533) for the first time, so I can empathize with your cabin choice dilemma. I thought i had made great choices, until i read that a crew service area was across from the rooms. I am sticking with them anyway. If I were you, i would go with the 1501-1508 range. The gym closes at 11 pm, so late night will be zero. I believe it opens at 7 am, so unless you really like to sleep super late (past 830) i would think the risks of noise of above is minimal. Also the 1500 range is closer to the relaxation room. Just my two cent, but what do i know....i booked across from crew service area !

I recently booked two AQ cabins (1531 and 1533) for the first time, so I can empathize with your cabin choice dilemma. I thought i had made great choices, until i read that a crew service area was across from the rooms. I am sticking with them anyway. If I were you, i would go with the 1501-1508 range. The gym closes at 11 pm, so late night will be zero. I believe it opens at 7 am, so unless you really like to sleep super late (past 830) i would think the risks of noise of above is minimal. Also the 1500 range is closer to the relaxation room. Just my two cent, but what do i know....i booked across from crew service area !

Thanks for the advice. I looked at these rooms but it looks as if they are going to be - either on the right or the left depending on what side you choose - looking in to the bridge of the ship. Mind you that might be quite interesting in itself. Also as you point out it would be nice not to have to trek the length of the ship to get to the Spa.

I hope your rooms work out well, I'm sure the crew will be quite conscious of guests in their cabins so they will be as quiet as they can.

Hi. We are going on our first Celebrity cruise next April (yipee!!!) and we booked cabin 1541 because I didn't want the "overhang" on our balcony.

Hi, thanks for answering but can I ask as I've never cruised with Celebrity before, how do you know that cabin does not have an overhang? This is the one thing I was reluctant to move to AQ for as I love the sun but thought all the AQ cabins had overhangs.

Thanks and sorry to be a nuisance.

Hi, thanks for answering but can I ask as I've never cruised with Celebrity before, how do you know that cabin does not have an overhang? This is the one thing I was reluctant to move to AQ for as I love the sun but thought all the AQ cabins had overhangs.

Thanks and sorry to be a nuisance.

Hi Liz. This is also our first cruise with Celebrity and I tried to find out as much as I could before I booked our AQ cabin concerning the overhang. Read this thread for more info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1238102&highlight=overhang

Archived