Happy Hour Times and Bars

pratzert

Hi.

We are on the Sept. 17th sailing of Insignia.

I have read a couple differing posts about the actual "Happy Hour" time(s).

One post said 1700-1800 but another post stated 1600-1800 (2 hours long).

Is the Happy hour(s) in one or two bars ( Martinis & Grand Bar ) or any of the Bars aboard.

Thanks.

Just checked a copy of "Oceania Cruises Currents", the daily onboard activity brochure, from our last cruise on Regatta. It reads:

Happy Hour: Horizons (Deck 10) and Martinis (Deck 5) 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM ie, 1700 - 1800.

Don

Hi.

We are on the Sept. 17th sailing of Insignia.

I have read a couple differing posts about the actual "Happy Hour" time(s).

One post said 1700-1800 but another post stated 1600-1800 (2 hours long).

Is the Happy hour(s) in one or two bars ( Martinis & Grand Bar ) or any of the Bars aboard.

Thanks.

As I recall, the Happy Hour was generally from 5pm to 6pm, in Martini's The Pool Bar, Horizons and the Grand Bar.

The specialty restaurant bars are really service bars for those restaurants.

Check your Daily Program, however, as they occasionally amend the hours and offers of Happy hour dependant on what is happening around the ship.

Is happy hour a 50% off or 2 for 1. Does that pertain to bar liquor and wines only or all brands? Though I am not a heavy drinker I was recently at a resort where at happy hour it was a light pour and after that it was whatever they defined as a full pour, generally 2 oz.

You get two drinks for the price of one and they are full pours of most major brands, in my case, two Tanquary Gin martinis. All drinks are included except single malt whiskey and Cocktail of the Day.

Don

Tim, you'll likely find my cousin Brenda and I at Martinis sampling the 2 for 1's.

We'll be there whenever possible. In fact, I'm actually trying to schedule our excursions and dinner around Happy Hour.

Ya..... I know...... you don't even have to say it. :p

I'm still trying to figure out when the Martini Clinic will be held as well as the wine tastings. :D

We'll be there whenever possible. In fact, I'm actually trying to schedule our excursions and dinner around Happy Hour.

Ya..... I know...... you don't even have to say it. :p

I'm still trying to figure out when the Martini Clinic will be held as well as the wine tastings. :D

There is no clinic, but the Martini and Wine tastings are generally held on alternate Sea Days (if your cruise has them).

I don't know if it is a coindidence, but when we sail, they almost always schedule the Name that Tune Trivia Contest directly after the Martini tasting......which certainly makes for an interesting evening. :rolleyes:

There is no clinic, but the Martini and Wine tastings are generally held on alternate Sea Days (if your cruise has them).

I don't know if it is a coindidence, but when we sail, they almost always schedule the Name that Tune Trivia Contest directly after the Martini tasting......which certainly makes for an interesting evening. :rolleyes:

JimandStan,

Thanks for the info. No sea days on our voyage... it's jammed packed with ports.

We did an Alaska cruise on NCL a few years back, and the Martini Clinic was soooo funny to watch. The crowd kept getting louder and louder as more and more martinis were passed around. Ultimately, one gal had reached saturation and started swinging her room key around and was announcing she was on the cruise alone. It was hilarious. Definately one of the most memorable parts of the cruise.

I am sure the "Name That Tune" was just as entertaining. :)

Sorry to think we'll miss that fun.

Maybe they will slip in a wine tasting on days were cast off early.

Regards.

As I recall, the Happy Hour was generally from 5pm to 6pm, in Martini's The Pool Bar, Horizons and the Grand Bar.

The specialty restaurant bars are really service bars for those restaurants.

Check your Daily Program, however, as they occasionally amend the hours and offers of Happy hour dependant on what is happening around the ship.

I follow the guidelines of Her Majesty's Armed Services - i.e. If asked if the Bar is open, always reply "It's got to be 5 o'clock somewhere in the world!!"

Archived