What is your favorite snack to bring on a cruise?

Or just go here and read the complaints. We all may be bringing MREs before long...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1246010

Nah. Don't listen too much to the whiners. They are usually either just people who like to complain or people who want to sound like they have sophisticated tastes, by acting like the dining room food is beneath them. The average person rates the food pretty well.

Nah. Don't listen too much to the whiners. They are usually either just people who like to complain or people who want to sound like they have sophisticated tastes, by acting like the dining room food is beneath them. The average person rates the food pretty well.

Wait, Paul are we on the same side on this issue? I'm scared. Maybe I need to rethink my position.:cool: LOL

... or people who want to sound like they have sophisticated tastes, by acting like the dining room food is beneath them.

I know the food is always beneath me, usually about 30 - 60 minutes after I finish eating it.

We don't ever bring anything on,........ but for a pre-packaged snack to take off ( hey, I said pre-packeged ;)) I sometimes will grab one of those small boxes of cereal in the Windjammer and stick it in my shore bag. Sugar Pops are my favorite :)

I remember in Belize after cave tubing but before we got to the restaurant I started feeling weak....like blood sugar drop (don't think I had breakfast) so on the bus I was munching on Sugar Pops ! Everybody was staring at my Sugar Pops too !!!!

We don't ever bring anything on,........ but for a pre-packaged snack to take off ( hey, I said pre-packeged ;)) I sometimes will grab one of those small boxes of cereal in the Windjammer and stick it in my shore bag. Sugar Pops are my favorite :)

I remember in Belize after cave tubing but before we got to the restaurant I started feeling weak....like blood sugar drop (don't think I had breakfast) so on the bus I was munching on Sugar Pops ! Everybody was staring at my Sugar Pops too !!!!

Can't do that any more. It is no longer commercially viable to admit to making a sugary cereal, so now they are know as "Corn Pops." :D

Can't do that any more. It is no longer commercially viable to admit to making a sugary cereal, so now they are know as "Corn Pops." :D

There are 2 separate cereals, Sugar Pops (remember Sugar Bear?) and Corn Pops. The 1st is a kind of brown toasty look & the 2nd is more of a yellow kernel look.

There are 2 separate cereals, Sugar Pops (remember Sugar Bear?) and Corn Pops. The 1st is a kind of brown toasty look & the 2nd is more of a yellow kernel look.

No. I know my sugary cereals. Corn Pops used to be Sugar Pops. Technically, the name was Sugar Corn Pops, but the "Corn" part of the name was in a smaller font, so they were normally called Sugar Pops. Sugar Bear was the mascot for Super Sugar Crisp, which was also renamed to Super Golden Crisp.

Well, I sit corrected.

Super Sugar Crisp is exactly what I was thinking of. Always liked that one better than the Corn Pops. Like me some Coco Puffs, too! Actually, now that I am older I lean more toward Cheerios or Special K Red Berries. The almond one is good, too.

HEE HEE HEE HEE...... Seems I managed to take this thread totally off topic........ not on purpose :o

And yes, I lived to tell the tale. And I am really not sure which name they go by now - but they were yellow round sugary pieces of cereal. Thought it was Sugar POPs...... find it hard to believe that it is "politically incorrect" to have sugar in a cereal name - especially since that is one main reason I buy it ;)

Well, I sit corrected.

Super Sugar Crisp is exactly what I was thinking of. Always liked that one better than the Corn Pops. Like me some Coco Puffs, too! Actually, now that I am older I lean more toward Cheerios or Special K Red Berries. The almond one is good, too.

Wow, I sure am glad we got that Sugar Pops / Corn Pops controversy resolved. I'll sure sleep better at night knowing that.

DH loves cajun trail mix from Walmart. Maybe we should pack some of that for him. Me, I just go for the soft serve ice cream. They do have that on RCCL, right?

Yes, but I would not recommend taking it off the ship to be eaten later as a snack.

I probably will bring peanuts on my next cruise since that is my absolute favorite all natural snack that works best for me. However, when we were on the EOS I didn't think to bring a snack but wanted something to throw in my backpack to get off on the islands instead of paying $8 for a 'conch' sandwich or whatever and I found it right on the ship, little boxes of cereal at the buffet. They light weight, portable, don't melt and perfect for when your running out of gas and there's no snack vendors around.

Archived