excursions?

Pacruiser02

Hi! I'm new to cruising! We are going on our first cruise this December, right before Christmas, to the Bahamas! We are going to Nassau and Freeport. We are sailing on the Sensation ship.

While in Nassau we would like to go to a beach. Do I have to book a shore excursion to go to a beach or can I just take a taxi to the beach? On the carnival web site they have lots of excursions we can book and one of them is a beach day.....do I have to book that excursion in order to go to the beach?

Thanks!

No you dont have to book through Carnival....I have never been there but Im sure some that have will give you advice. I'm sure there will be plenty of cabs that will be able to take you to the beach.

Check the CC forum for the port you are talking about and Im sure you will find plenty of information there.

Good luck and let us know how it goes when you get back.

Definitely check out the ports of call board. Scubagirl posts a lot for Nassau and can answer whatever questions you have. There are at least 2 or 3 good options for beaches (keep in mind the temps could be only in the 70's) and you will find it cheaper if you plan your shore excursions independently.

Congrats on your first cruise - you will love it! There are lots of cabs right at the ship. Very well organized. We took one to Paradise Island to the beach. Not a long ride but no washrooms at the beach. Leave enough time to get back - lots of traffic crossing back over the bridge to Nassau. Just read another thread on here and they had gotten a day pass from the Hilton and loved it. Walking distance from ship, private beach, kayak, inner tubes, towels, chairs, etc. Have fun!

The last time I was in Nassau, we decided to walk to a beach that we could see from our ship. I never felt safe and there were kids everywhere trying to take our stuff while we were in the water. We finally had to hook up with another couple and take turns getting in the water, just so someone could keep an eye on our things. There are many excursions you can take that are not through Carnival usually at a fraction of the price. You can also ask around the ship at dinner or at shows for advice about some good beaches to visit. Good luck, hope you have a wonderful cruise! (All cruises are great!) :)

Archived