NCL Dream Questions

Ms. Leigh

Hello - My family is currently booked on the Dream from 11/26 - 12/3 for it's Texarribean itinerary (it's the first cruise for all 6 of us). I have a couple questions and would really appreciate it if any has answers.

1. We are booked on the Norway deck, rooms 8014, 8015 and 8045. The person my mother booked thr cruise from stated that it was an unobstructed ocean view, but from the deck layout images I can see online, it looks like we are on the level where the boats hang and that they would obstruct the views. Thoughts?

2. My boyfriend and I are vegetarians - will we have enough to choose from for dinner and for lunch (which seems particularly lacking according to many reviews)?

3. Are there any statistics out there as far as how often the ship is unable to get passengers to their ports due to rough seas (for the dates of our cruise)? ie. are we sailing at a time when seas are usually calm, or...? (I know there can be no guarantees, I'm just curious what the liklihood is.

And, finally 4. How old should we expect the average cruiser on this trip to be?

Thanks!

I have not been on the Dream, going soon... but i might be able ot answer a few questions.

#2 - There is always at least 1 veg dish on the menu (at least when I was on-board other ships) so you should be able to find something, maybe not something you like, but something.

#4 - Cruising right in the middle of the school year. Probably an older crowd, not many school age kids or even university age people... 25+ would be my guess.. with lots of Retired persons!

Just guesses thoguh!!

Mrs. Leigh: I just returned on Tuesday and we were in cabin 8071........there are no lifeboats on that deck so your view will not be obstructed. Regarding the vegetarian issue.........unless you are a vegan you should be able to find something to eat without too much trouble. However that being said, I too am a vegetarian and this is the one area where I can say NCL needs some improvement in regards to food. True they do always have one vegetarian entree on the menu but after it repeats several times during the week it becomes unappealing and one is not always wanting to eat a pasta as a main course every day. With a little creativity and ingenuity on your part you will be able to eat vegetarian onboard. Be aware too that what is posted on the menu is not always what it may seem. I remember ordering a soup......either a bean soup or corn chowder and when it came it had chunks of ham in it.........like when they make split pea with ham. The split pea mentioned the ham on the menu but neither the corn chowder or the white bean had any mention in the description that it contained the meat. My waiter agreed that the description was misleading and brought me a salad instead almost immediately after I brought it to his attention. I would say there was a cross mix of ages on our cruise with the majority being 50 and older. Cruise director said there were 250 children onboard but all I ever saw were a handful at most so the kid's club was doing a good job of keeping them all entertained and out from under the feet of the grownups. Don't know what your ports will be in the fall but the only statistic I have ever heard tossed around is for Cancun. There I have heard that it is a 50% chance that you will miss this port due to rough seas or to put a more pisitive spin on it there is a 50 % chance that you will tender in to Cancun. We had one lady on board that I was talking with and this was her 4th cruise to Cancun and the fourth time she had missed the port due to rough ocean conditions. Just something about that part of Mexico..........I guess and the Caribbean.

Actually, my mistake. I was working from memory and the DevineMiss M is correct that deck 8 is the lifeboat deck. Just down where I was there were no lifeboats in view. If you go to ncl.com and click on the "fleet" and pull up the Norway deck for the Dream you can click on each individual cabin number and it will state whether or not that cabin is obstructed or has a partially obstructed view.

Archived