Dirty dishes ALL OVER HALLWAYS

icyfrost

It would be $10 placed on their tab when they call in an order for room service & only removed if they call again to have the dishes removed. So if they wanted to slide the dirty tray down the hall, so be it- they're the ones who would lose the $10. It's only my pipe dream.

I think this suggestion has some merit. There are so many good ideas tho.

We call room service once we are done if it is after turndown. Before that, somehow Stewart always manages to somehow magically take care of it.:)

If you had lunch via Room Service and then wanted to head out, how would RS get in the cabin to pick up the trays, etc.

I think this suggestion has some merit. There are so many good ideas tho.

We call room service once we are done if it is after turndown. Before that, somehow Stewart always manages to somehow magically take care of it.:)

If you had lunch via Room Service and then wanted to head out, how would RS get in the cabin to pick up the trays, etc.

They have masterkeys! I always order ice for 4 pm. Often when I am not there it is there when I return. I don't think they can slip it under the door.

I think the point is that people are used to putting the trays in the hall when they are finished from staying in hotels, even fine ones. That is the way it is done and used to be done on Princess. Don't blame the passengers that Princess doesn't require a swoop through the ship every hour to clean up the trays.
some passengers are to blame and if u look at this discussion there r some that admitted to placing their dirty dishes to avoid the smell in the cabin. Very inconsiderate.

If room service staff can't be strolling the hallways every hour then all dishes should be left inside and maybe room stewards can take them away with additional set tips. They are in the cabins twice a day so it won't be that hard.

First of all -- in reverse order ....

Thanks Somewhere for posting!

You're very welcome.

By the way Somewhere, I love reading your posts!

Awww, that's very nice of you to say. I really appreciate that.

We were told to take our auto-tip off by an entertainment member on another ship that we are friends with...they said for many different reasons it's just "better" to tip in cash all the people serving you because with the auto-tip some crew members who you never have contact with will get part of the tip "pool".

Well, I decided to just leave auto-tip on and just tip exceptional service with a little "lagniappe"! We gave our room steward, Julio, and extra $40 at the end of the week. As far as the dining room, I'm glad our server had to "share" in the tip pool because I was not at all impressed with "Ms. Attitude from Grenada" as I referred to her throughout the cruise! She NEVER went above and beyond for us the entire cruise! We would ask her questions and sometimes her answers were not answers at all. I will give an example....remember this was our first cruise. My sister asked our server if we would have Dungeness Crabs on the menu any of the nights. Her answer was "Honey, this is Princess, what do you think"? We didn't know if that meant "Yes because Princess is such a great cruise line of course you'll be getting Dungeness Crab" or "HELL NO, you aren't getting Dungeness Crab because this is cheap a$$ cruiseline"...LOL! Needless to say, NO Dungeness Crab...ROFL!

I find this interesting for a couple of reasons. Again, in reverse order, I grew up in Oregon and, therefore, am a HUGE fan of Dungeness Crab.

Second, we've heard various things from various people about the auto-tip, but most suggest exactly what you and I seem to do.

Third, while it has been incredibly rare, we have had one or two (literally, only one or two) servers who were much like you just described, It is fortunately by far the great exception to the rule. The last time was at Sabatini's on the Ruby last February. We had had a wonderful experience there our previous cruise, and brought friends with us this time and were so embarrassed. I had never had service as bad anytime anywhere on any Princess ship in the past, and certainly not in a specialty restaurant. And the worst part was, it wasn't just our waitress but the head waiter, as well. It was the one and only time that we did not tip at Sabatini's in addition to the up-charge.

:D

First of all -- in reverse order ....

You're very welcome.

Awww, that's very nice of you to say. I really appreciate that.

I find this interesting for a couple of reasons. Again, in reverse order, I grew up in Oregon and, therefore, am a HUGE fan of Dungeness Crab.

Second, we've heard various things from various people about the auto-tip, but most suggest exactly what you and I seem to do.

Third, while it has been incredibly rare, we have had one or two (literally, only one or two) servers who were much like you just described, It is fortunately by far the great exception to the rule. The last time was at Sabatini's on the Ruby last February. We had had a wonderful experience there our previous cruise, and brought friends with us this time and were so embarrassed. I had never had service as bad anytime anywhere on any Princess ship in the past, and certainly not in a specialty restaurant. And the worst part was, it wasn't just our waitress but the head waiter, as well. It was the one and only time that we did not tip at Sabatini's in addition to the up-charge.

Love your posts and love your name :) My favourite saying is....

It's 5:00 somewhere......DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR DRINK IS???:D

It would be $10 placed on their tab when they call in an order for room service & only removed if they call again to have the dishes removed. So if they wanted to slide the dirty tray down the hall, so be it- they're the ones who would lose the $10. It's only my pipe dream.

Sounds like that would work.

I wish they would have the same $10 penalty for all the overweight people that decide to wear 2 piece bathing suits.

That...along with cleaning up the Princess hallways...would absolutely making this world completely perfect.

I wish they would have the same $10 penalty for all the overweight people that decide to wear 2 piece bathing suits.

That...along with cleaning up the Princess hallways...would absolutely making this world completely perfect.

....add to that all the paunchy overweight guys that strap on a thong and strut around, and I agree - it WOULD be a perfect world (at least the perfect "water world"!) ;)

....add to that all the paunchy overweight guys that strap on a thong and strut around, and I agree - it WOULD be a perfect world (at least the perfect "water world"!) ;)

Yeah no kidding:D. It seems that many guys think they look great in everything. A thong is pretty much TMI on any guy.

Another good suggestion.

Maybe Princess should just have some ship cops walking around writing tickets?

Call them the "green patrol" and it would probably be ok. Keeping the hallways eco-friendly and the pool area "eye" friendly. :D

Easily remedied if Princess would put a little tent card on the tray saying to call Room Service for pick up or leave in the cabin for the steward. It really is gross to see the

unfinished food sitting there. And horrible, too, to see the wasted food.

And I would remind those that require being told to use a little common sense too.

Why does it bother you if someone overweight wears a two piece? Everyone is entitled to wear what they are comfortable in.

Archived